Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 43940 times)

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1160 on: June 16, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
I helped a friend cut up some hedge for fire wood but for me showing him where it was at. I got to keep the straightest and knot free log for myself. I will go and split it on Monday.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1161 on: June 16, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »
I shot my HBO a little while, then rasped more on an osage self bow I've been dabbling around on for a few months.
Finally gave the salvage bow back to my friend. Hope he has had a chance to shoot it.
The bow had taken a 7" set. I took the original hickory backing off and added a bamboo backing to the hickory core. The bow gained several pounds of strength and was shooting fast. It had only retained about 1" of set after I had shot it several times.

Offline Horn Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1162 on: June 16, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »
I started building my form for my first longbow build. Now just waiting on my parts to finish it monday.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1163 on: June 25, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »
Glued on a handle overlay, took the stickers off a bow and put on a final coat of finish on it, and shot a sapwood osage bow after I coughed out the handle. I've got an apprentice coming over to glue on a handle rest and put on some finish.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1164 on: June 25, 2012, 11:38:00 PM »
Helped out a man with his first bow. He's almost done. Just working on some finishing touches.

"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1165 on: June 26, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
Bow looks nice Dave.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1166 on: June 26, 2012, 07:43:00 PM »
Nice looking bow, DVS.

Took my latest project bow for a walk after work to see if I could find a groundhog to shoot at.  Seen a few but they saw me first, grass is too high, they were gone before I got an arrow on the string....Dan

Offline battman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1167 on: June 26, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
Started building my grandson a bow and promptly broke it.Then started carving a head for my next duck decoy and promptly shoved my carving knife in my hand.What a day

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1168 on: June 28, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
Skinned a bow yesterday and cleaned em up and sanded her down today. Twisted two strings and I'm going back for more later after it cools off. Temp hit a record for the day at 107.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1169 on: June 28, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
Finished filling my wood shed for this winter, hard to think about that when it's in the 90's and your swinging a maul and stacking wood for 4 hours.  Celebrated with a few brews tonight...Dan

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1170 on: June 29, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »
Finished the day by splitting and grinding the last four dozen turkey feathers I had. Temp hit 108 today with same tomorrow.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1171 on: June 29, 2012, 07:20:00 AM »
Got a load of Eel Grass for mulch on the garden, took some pics of a bow I'm planning to sell, then shot a few arrows through it and wondered what I was doing! Oh yes, now I remember, just e-mailed Montana Bows about a new Kestral, their recurve shorty.
Firewood pile is next...
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline dinorocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1172 on: June 29, 2012, 08:06:00 AM »
I shot my first carp this morning (off my dock on the St. Lawrence River).  It was very different shooting my recurve instead of my selfbows...this was the first time I picked up a traditional recurve in over 5 years (besides a little target practice earlier this week at a submerged plastic bottle).  I hope to use the skin to back a cherry bow I just finished!

Have a great day!

Dino
"Speedy arrow, sharp and narrow."  GD

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1173 on: June 29, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
Dino, now we can't just take your word on this. We wanna see pictures:) LOL

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1174 on: June 29, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
Went and saw my skin guy today. Nithin like a bag full of snake skins to get you busy in this heat.the big one its a18 foot retic python.

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1175 on: June 29, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Finished up chasing a ring on some fun knots and cut er out.  Good thing is wasn't hot around here.  Only got up to 105 today.

DVS: That large legless creature ought to put a normal guy through a lifetime of snakeskin backing.

He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1176 on: June 29, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »
I hear ya goose but that one goes back to the guy in exchange for the other snakes he gives me.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1177 on: June 30, 2012, 08:22:00 AM »
Are the snakes still in those skins...!  :eek:  
  ;)  
Since I am off this weekend I plan on practicing for the upcoming Kansas Sunflower Games archery event this morning. Then it's the 11 year old daughter's birthday party.

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1178 on: June 30, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
I went from floor tiller to strung at normal brace on and osage bow I am making as a thank-you bow.

Put the rest on, mixed super glue and sawdust to build up the bulbous part of the handle and thinned and shaped the tip overlays.

My gizmo got a work out today and I am still about 20# over target poundage.

I will shoot this bow tomorrow after I remove some more wood.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1179 on: June 30, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
Drove all the way to Kansas City to buy lumber, and found none, 0 , zip that I liked the look of.  :dunno:  deer?
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©