Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 43268 times)

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #200 on: January 01, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »
I'd pay good money to see ole rockey ride DVS:) LOL

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: January 01, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
Deepend nocks trying to get rid of slight tip twist but not much luck yet. Shaped the handle some & did some finish sanding & shooting. Going to try removing some wood on the strong side tomorrow, may leave it as is though, dont want to ruin it.
Did some light sanding on strong side but not much difference with that yet either. Any tips?

Offline Diamondback59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: January 01, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
roy  dvs  rockey dont go any more  hes 27 years old  but man when we were talkin  the memories of him sure popped up quick  several time s he had camp gear pots pan s everything scatterd all over the mtn and he did leave a good set a hoof prints on my chest lol fell down a slide with a 6 point elk rack on him had to sew him up right there 28 miles from nowhere he did a good job somtimes i sure miss havein him but he smelled a bear  he was always hell on wheeles  haha wish u guys coulda seen him but we got another young n here  thats turning into the same thing lol roy i got ur p m will get em on the way  brock
yep im a bowaholic,, elkaholic !!!

Offline Bel007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: January 01, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Chased some rings on stave #2.  This thing is tight ringed and has more undulations and dipsy-doos than a corn maze through a cedar swamp.

On the bright side... I've already thought of a dozen names for this thing should it graduate into a bow.  Some I can even put in writting.
Brian - aka "Big Sexy"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Lifetime Member

Offline H8nonCubs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2012, 01:48:00 AM »
Heated up some hackberry

and chased a ring on a knotty piece of osage

ended up gettin it layed out and thicknessed down to rough dimensions as well. Ill post some more pics tomorrow, looks like it might turn out pretty cool. Its got about 4 or 5 pretty big knots and a few neat lookin pin knots too
"I never make the same mistake twice, i make it three or four times. You know just to make sure."

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2012, 01:51:00 AM »
Spent to much time working a doomed 53in osage stave. I think with the run out wind check runing through from it from back to belly its doomed.

Sporthunter- of the string lines up with the handle then leave it alone and finish it. If not, i would heat it out. If that wasnt an option then remove wood from the strong side to correct the twist.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2012, 01:58:00 AM »
Worked on the build along static tip for a few hours and epoxied a TD sleeve on the two piece snaky bow. Also worked on a bow rack that holds 6 bows. That ought to get one corner opened up LOL
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2012, 06:22:00 AM »
Bow shop work; Christmas decor stored in the loft. Still gotta wait till hunting is over for the full clean out of the shop. Too many clothes and gear in there to work on a bow.
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: January 02, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Thanks DVS, going to leave it, string lines up & shoots great, more cosmetic than anything.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
Thanks DVS, going to leave it, string lines up & shoots great, more cosmetic than anything.

Offline Diamondback59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: January 02, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
sticks  u, n me are both makin snakey take downs  i wanna see pic s bro  and ill get some up of mine soons i start on it  brock

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: January 02, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »
Glued up a R/D bamboo backed cherry bow this morning. I'm going to start on another one this afternoon. Maybe an all North American bow using cherry, walnut, maple, white oak and hickory.
I have to get going on a carving of a turkey for a friend of mine too.
This having to work for a living sure gets in the way of that living.   :rolleyes:  
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: January 02, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
Off work today, so I got a riser glued on a BBO, have the buffalo horn tips cut to shape for it and will glue them on tomorrow. Cleaned up the Osage  Z-splice and have a piece of boo about ready to be glued on it. Cooking Momma dinner right now, meatloaf in garlic and oil, with garlic bread on the side. She will be home in a half hour and I will shine like a little star:) LOL

Then back to the bow shop after dinner. Cold and snowing here in SW Pa. I love working in the Bow shop, looking out the window at the white stuff falling from the sky.

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: January 02, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
Nothing wrong with earning brownie pts...I have to fix the pellet stove in my shop so that I can do some bow building during these winter months.  Mighty cold out there.
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: January 02, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
Repaired a split osage tip overlay with super gllue. Added an arrow rest to a bow I had finished before Christmas. Letting the tip overlay dry thoroughly before stringing the bow and shooting to test the tip.
Read some old posts covering laminated bows, visited the knife-makers forum, cool stuff, and watched some bowl games.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: January 02, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
So far ive split out eight osage staves from the last quarter of the last log i brought home. Ive chased four down to a ring to dry and i have four to go and two sets of.billits. i also heated two bows up to fix minor alignment issues. Made chili for dinner, and when wofey gets home im gping back to the shop.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: January 02, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
Made chili for dinner, and when wofey gets home im gping back to the shop. LOL, I'm gonna call and tell her what ya called her. Save me a whoopen trip out there, she can whoop ya son:)

Offline Bel007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: January 02, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
I sure hope my wife does not read this thread.  With all you guys cooking dinner so frequently, she may get some CRAZY idea in her head.   "[dntthnk]"
Brian - aka "Big Sexy"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Lifetime Member

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
tried making overlays of antler today, needing a sander now...

Offline Diamondback59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
dang dvs i think ol roys got ya by the short ears there if she reads it i know her  it ur butt lmao lol tell her i said hi  brock

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©