Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 43497 times)

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #2840 on: April 11, 2013, 12:28:00 AM »
" I don't see no wood there Son' Thats 'cause all that moonshine you drink has sent you blind in one eye and you already couldn't see out the other anyhows.   :laughing:  tony don't think ol' Roy would have the stamina to drink a real beer like Fosters! [  but just between you and I , i cant stand the stuff myself!] On the other issue hardly a day goes by and I'm not leaving a blood trail like a wounded boar in the workshop.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2841 on: April 11, 2013, 07:23:00 AM »
I hear ya John, those fiberglass splinters are nasty. Cool Tony, hope ya get them bloody this fall.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2842 on: April 11, 2013, 07:44:00 AM »
Bob I like your bows more and more ever time I see one up here.  Great job!

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2843 on: April 11, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
Did you all notice that Old Roy could not count his days to retirement until he got down to 20 or under???  Just not enough toes and fingers to count that high.   :saywhat:
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2844 on: April 11, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »
Nice work Bob, I like them down under woods.Bue--.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2845 on: April 11, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
Bob, you're really crankin out some sweet looking bows, this last one really looks nice.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2846 on: April 11, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
I just about have my daughters Osage bow finished. it has a couple of coats of tung oil on it and tonight I will hit it with a couple of coats of spray on poly. When I get back from a weekend trip it will be ready for its leather handle and then i get to surprise her and give it to her. I have had her working as a consultant on it. I told her it was for a guy on Tradgangs little girl who was her age. She has sized the handle, picked the walnut tip overlays and given critical advice along the way. Will be fun to see the look on her face when she realises she is the daughter of the guy on Tradgang.

Roy's a good ole Pennsyltucky mountain man, he's got plenty of fingers and toes   :laughing:  

Roy I sure hope to get at least one of them bloody this fall. Any suggestions on how to practice with them, without doing any damage. Hate to damage the head before using it in earnest, but hate not to practice to make sure I can shoot them straight.

Bob, I tell people over here the reason we export Fosters is because we wont drink that s!@#, but Americans will  :)  I'm hoping my dad brings me some VB or a Crown Lager when he comes for a visit this summer.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2847 on: April 11, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
A 3-D target with a soft replaceable center doesn't hurt them. I wouldn't shoot them anymore than needed.

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2848 on: April 11, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
Posting from right inside that massive stormfront in AL.  Lightnin's hit the yard a few times, but nothing more.

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2849 on: April 11, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words ,gents.Tony I like 4x or Hann lite myself.Envy you guys with all the Osage available over there, bit harder to come by here even though it was planted out many years ago in various places as wind break material.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2850 on: April 13, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »
My latest bow shoots 55-60# ash arrows really well and I had a dozen shafts I bought last year at Denton Hill that I hadn't started on yet.  After shooting some this afternoon, I was inspired to get to work on them, so I cut them to length, tapered the point end and started tapering the knock end with one of those pencil sharpener type tools.  Wouldn't you know it, I ended up with one shaft with two point tapers on it.  Doh......  :knothead:
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2851 on: April 13, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »
ROFLMAO >>>----------------> Goose Island maybe?   :laughing:

That's nuffen John, I'm right handed and have already made me two left handed bows:)

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2852 on: April 13, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
Lack of sleep maybe.  Wish it was Goose Island.

How many Coors Lights did those lefties take to build?
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2853 on: April 13, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
Oh it was Pabst Blue Ribbon when I made those mistakes. That's why I quit drinking that stuff..   :laughing:

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2854 on: April 15, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
Yesterday I cut and rasped a bbo to it's profile lines. This afternoon I reduced the limb thickness. Just about ready to floor tiller and hopefully get it on the tiller tree.

I had to give up on my last bbo. I tried heating in a little recurve into the tips and ended up with the tips way too weak. Maybe I'll be able to turn that one into a shorter bow this summer.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2855 on: April 15, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
Oh I had such a wonderful day today. I sat in a  chair in the facial surgeons office and puckered my butt hole as he injected 4 long syringes of pain killer into my front lower jaw. Then sat there and puckered some more as he pulled my 5 front teeth. Then puckered some more as he stitched me up. Yup I'm ah hurten pup right now, but the pain killers sure give ya a nice warm cozy feeling:) I now gots me one of them Red Neck smiles. Just might move on down to West Virginy tomorrow:)

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2856 on: April 15, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Roy. My wife went to the dentist today for a temporary crown... She said she'd rather be birthin' a baby than sittin' in one of those offices...
Would you rather be birthin' a baby 'bout right now?

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2857 on: April 15, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »
That sucks ole man.  Feel for you. Sire am glad I got god teeth. Honestly I was surprised at your age that you didn't already have a set of wooden teeth.    :goldtooth:
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2858 on: April 16, 2013, 12:24:00 AM »
Hope you recover ok Royboy. Them there dentists are people I try to keep well away from

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2859 on: April 16, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
I can't say anything.  I don't have a one left after I got sick with a necrotizing infection.  You'll feel better soon.  Mouth heals fast, it really does.

I pulled a package out of the mailbox today containing a very, very large file.  Thought for a second it had been sent to an inmate, checked the packaging, no, it was mine!  I have my very own farrier's rasp, and what a short work it made of truing up the surface on the riser I'm gluing onto this first bow!  Hopefully tomorrow I should have some pics of rasp, bow, and riser, seeing as it's finally starting to look bow-shaped and not stick-shaped.  

Harvested the riser wood myself from a water oak limb I just took down, had spalted on the tree.  Beautiful figuring, split with my electric chainsaw and rasped down flat.  When I work it into a handle shape, the figuring should be extreme, if the split is anything to judge by.  Thank you razorback, I didn't remove any pieces of finger this evening at least!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©