Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 43466 times)

Offline Draffish

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #2900 on: April 30, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
just bottled up my first elderberry wine homebrew looks like im going to have gallon of vinegar instead has a bit of a brown tinge to it lol.
looks like you had fun day kip
live free die young

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2901 on: April 30, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »
Talk about rubbin' it in! Beautifu pics, Kip! I'd say you had a very good day.

Roy, my wife and I are both signing up for teacher retirement next month. We qualify for retirement after this school year (28 yrs each) but, heck, we can't afford to retire yet. Two boys in college, mortgage, life, etc... You can rub it in as often as you like! I would!  :bigsmyl:

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2902 on: April 30, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »
Stan, I played that same game for years. We put three through college and helped two through law school. But now we have two lawyers and a Regional Drug Rep in the family making nice bucks with nice houses. So it's worth it. It's just the Old Mans Turn:)

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2903 on: April 30, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
Well then, enjoy your turn, Old Man!

Offline Frosty the Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2904 on: May 11, 2013, 12:49:00 AM »
Spent the eveing with my wife and family out at the in-laws celebrating my father inlaws b-day and mine and motherssd day.

Man it was nice to have a night off from my homework, be so busy I have not been doing anything but homework for weeks.

Looking forward to finding a nice quiet job for the summer, and then finishing my last 2 qtrs of college (fall and winter) anf be done in March 2014!!!!!!!!!  :clapper:  

Have sure missed chatting with you all, i was supposed to go pick up some bow wood tommarrow, but the wifes van's tranny went ka-pooy, and my old beast is not a great highway rig, so will have to go do it another day.

Have a great one guys.

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2905 on: May 11, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
I finished melting and straining all the bees wax Pearl Drums gave me at the classic.  I got 84, 1.6 oz. containers of raw bees wax.  I also made up 7 containers of my special blend for me to try and still have 5 or 6 containers left in the crock pot if it works the way I want it to.  Enjoy the pictures.

My seven special blend

Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2906 on: May 11, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
That's a lot of wax, Charlie:)

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2907 on: May 11, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
wow....you got a lot of strings to wax with all that.   ;)  

Today...got up at 5:30am and started my smoker with lump wood and apple wood....by 6:30am I had two 18lb pork shoulders covered in yellow mustard and then coated with a sweet and spicy rub laying on the rack...to be sprayed every 2 hours with a mix of 50/50 apple cider vinegar and makers mark for the next 10 hours.  In between tending to fire, spritzing meat, and taking temps...i shot my mohawk from 5-20 yards in back yard and enjoyed the day.  

Family came over for a early Mothers Day dinner...Life is good.

First the plain shoulders...then first placement on smoker with all the rub on them...then during cook and finally one of them right before being pulled for eating...  :)   Forgot to take pic of the other one before it was devoured by a hungry family...haha

Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2908 on: May 11, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
Very nice.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2909 on: May 11, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
I had a nice day finishing up a kids quiver for the St. Judes Auction and getting some time in, fishing in the rain. Going to take a hike with the wife tomorrow and coach some kids soccer. pretty good weekend all around.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline talkingcabbage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2910 on: May 13, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
I was on nights all weekend, so when I got off work this morning and feeling my fifth wind, I went with a buddy and found a bunch of morels.

Also got the riser roughed out and starting to shape on a really purdy 60" coco recurve. I'll get pics of that girl when she's done.
Joe

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."

One of two things will happen; it'll either work or it won't.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2911 on: May 13, 2013, 11:40:00 PM »
Nice cabbage. I ate all mine already. Definitely a spring treat, especially with fresh wild turkey breast.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline talkingcabbage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2912 on: May 17, 2013, 05:52:00 AM »
Yea. Haven't had any luck with the turkeys this year, so I had them with some crappie and bass I caught a couple weeks ago. Just as satisfying!
Joe

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."

One of two things will happen; it'll either work or it won't.

Offline jDacus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2913 on: May 17, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »
Here is my first attempt at making my own fletching. The feathers came from a turkey I harvested a few years ago.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2914 on: May 17, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »
Disked 5 acres of food plots for the 3rd time.

Mounted a seeder on my 4 wheeler.

Took grandkids fishin, cleaned fish!!

Helped bro add onto his pond pipe to raise water level a bit.

Got some char awood off a delivery truck.

Not ezackly in that order.........
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2915 on: May 17, 2013, 11:35:00 PM »
Helen is out of town for about a week so I am getting caught up on some projects..I worked on chainsaws yesterday afternoon..RIP my Poulan Pro, you were good to me for 8 years. I had too many hours at work this week so I had to take most of today off..I bought a new Sthil 180c today and trimmed up some trees around the house. The other saw I worked on thursday was a $40 Sthil 025 my dad got at a yard sale.. I got it running but it was not perfect. I dropped it off at the Sthil dealer, he worked on the carb, replaced fuel and air filter, sharpened the chain so we only have $95 dollars in it..I made a couple of cuts with the 025 and it's running like a champ. **future project..I have a nice tall straight Eastern Red Cedar tree that I want to cut down and make into some boards. About 6pm today I filled up my boat with non ethanol gas, charged up all the batteries, put bow fishing bows in it.. it's hooked up and if I can wake up at 0400 I'm gonna go bow fishing in the morning for tilapia.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2916 on: May 18, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »
Today I had to babysit Trapper Rob...   :laughing:

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2917 on: May 18, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »
Who was babysitting who? LOL.

Offline Trapper Rob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2918 on: May 18, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »
You didn't waist any time posting that.Roy was ok to hang out with I guess he really does know what he is doing  :bigsmyl:but don't tell him I said that.

Offline Trux Turning

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2919 on: May 19, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
Here's a snub nose I'm working on... 46" ntn- another use for Osage.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©