Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 43338 times)

Offline Living_waters

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #320 on: January 12, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »
Sweet DVS, I only have 3 afternoons left to hunt, I signed up for a flintknapping class at cahokia  saturday so that knocks out my only whole day left to hunt.
Dont know if it is prophetic or not but since we didnt have any backstrap in the freezer I laid out a turkey breast for supper.
"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'” Jesus

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #321 on: January 12, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
Thanks all. I have been shooting like mad the last part off the season. I only was able to hunt seven times this past season and took two deer, so no complaints here.
LW- good luck!

Now that me bow.season is over im back to building.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Living_waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #322 on: January 12, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »
OK now you just sucked all the wind out of my sail LOL 7 times 2 deer? Have you tried letting them off the chain and then shooting them like we do down here in the bootheel LOL jk
"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'” Jesus

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #323 on: January 12, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »
I jist shoot the little tasty ones.  They are easier to handle all oround. Besides i have three mounted and no more room till i move.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Living_waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #324 on: January 12, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
I like the gourmet deer also

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
MMMMMM! young tender vittles.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #326 on: January 13, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
Cut an osage log today and gonna rough out a boo backed hill style bow that I glued up yesterday.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #327 on: January 13, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
Here is a tasty one for ya DVS..

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #328 on: January 13, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
Way to go roy!

Offline Living_waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #329 on: January 13, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
Dang you all, either they are tied up or your shooting them in the yard NO FAIR.  :smileystooges:

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #330 on: January 13, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »
Roy shot hit his with a car and took a picture with his bow. The driveway is a dead giveaway.   :laughing:  

I cut up my deer today. My wife requested deer burger so thats up for tomorrow.

Offline Diamondback59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #331 on: January 13, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
dang dvs haha quit pickin on ol worry haha hope i aint gtta hog tie ya both in elk camp lolol glad u got that buck haha save me a lil steak lookin to be 2 more weeks befor im outta here worked on the take down handel s tonite  ya im still peeved about em lol brock
yep im a bowaholic,, elkaholic !!!

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
That pretty much tells me i wont like one of them sleeves then brock. Thanks for the heads up. I will just wait till you come up with something.

Me and the boy finished up the deer tonight. It was noce to have some help.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
I bought a grain scale and found out that my first attempt at them primitive arrows came out at over 100grains different for the 4 I still have. One was 730gr then 715 I thought that was cool it was the first 2 I weighed. Then I put one on that I thought was lighter and it was 584gr. Then the last was 630. Oh well don't tell the deer I killed with one of them that he was killed with such a mismatched set of arrows.  :)

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
Kelly, perhaps that would explain the miss on the first shot? Thats good to onow though. I really want some cane shafts eventually.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #335 on: January 14, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
Naw DVS I had practiced with all the arrows and was comfortable with them all at that distance and could  keep them all in a pie plate at 10yrds easy enough. I just missed.

I will try to keep my arrows closer to weight though just for longer shots.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #336 on: January 14, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »
Naw DVS I had practiced with all the arrows and was comfortable with them all at that distance and could  keep them all in a pie plate at 10yrds easy enough. I just missed.

I will try to keep my arrows closer to weight though just for longer shots.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2012, 01:13:00 AM »
Fair enough kelly. I was just giving tou a way out.    :biglaugh:

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2012, 05:52:00 AM »
Kelly, what did you make your arrows from?
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »
I finally took the leap to making endless loop strings and built my jig last night. Made my first string this morning for a "new to me" Horne's Brush Bow. The bow was making some noise that silencers wouldn't get rid of so I figured it was the string, so I took it off and measured it and it was only 2" shorter than the AMO length.....much too long and it was already twisted to the max. My first string turned out real good except the loops were bigger than I intended. All good though it works great and wouldn't you know it......at proper brace ht. of 7.5" and a pair of cat whiskers it's super quiet. Plus it hits right where I'm looking and didn't seem to notice any loss in performance from using my old school B50 Dacron either.

The jig turned out great and Rob's tutorial in the Resources section made it fairly painless. I think I'm done with Flemish twist strings, I like the endless loops much better and I haven't noticed near as much stretching so far.
Kind of a fun way to spend a weekend when it's cold/wind blowing a gale and it's one of the things I had on my "To do list" anyway.   :thumbsup:  

Now I'm gonna make a big pot of deer chili.   :p    :campfire:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©