3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: metal riser bows. your opinion  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: metal riser bows. your opinion
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »
I suppose that those of  you who have Harleys or other bikes don't mind them being metal....or your favorite knife....or your favorite broadhaead. I've had and shot metal risers since the 60's and for me they are better with the same limbs than a wood risered bow in terms of how well they shoot. As for being cold in cold weather, that was problematic until I got a DAS. The grips have eliminated that concern for me. As for performance I truly believe that although the metal riser on my DAS is superior engineering, I have found that the better the limb I put on that riser the better the bow will shoot. Metal risers have many positives going for them in the performance domain, but, again, two different quality limbs on my DAS riser gives me two bows that are not equal.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2008, 07:41:00 PM »
ARCHERY IS ARCHERY....but down south it rains a bunch with Lightening and when you combine a metal riser,   :thumbsup:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Jhoneil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
If boring means I can shoot more and not bother with spending time tillering bows then I am all for boring.  ;)

Offline Ia Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2008, 02:12:00 PM »
Transitional? Hardly !!! I've been shooting for over 50 years and I like my Quinn the best of all the bows I've owned. It's got the perfect grip for me and is a great shooter. !!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©