Author Topic: Bingham Projects, Inc. any opinions? (w/ project pictures)  (Read 1259 times)

Offline old coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bingham Projects, Inc. any opinions? (w/ project pictures)
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »
nice looking bow, good work.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
Very nice bow! Wild riser.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2012, 04:34:00 AM »
You did a great job, now you got me wanting a kit all over again and just after I finally manged to put the idea out of my head.

I can give you a little tip on the Tru oil if you like. Use 0000 steel wool to buff down the shine to a suitable level, then to remove the ultra tiny marks left by the steel wool use a good furniture polish and a soft rag. It will still look like a professional finish without the super glossy shine. I've done this on several gun stocks and a couple bows and the results are amazing.

Don't worry if you buff it down too much cause you can always go back over it with another coat or two, then rebuff it back down to where you want it.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline wookiewebster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
Thanks for the comments, all.  

FYI. I am in the middle of another bow, different style, same bow press.  I will post some pictures when it gets done.  I am putting a lot of pictures on   my blog  , if you want a sneak-peek.  I am doing a lot better on the second one, so far.

Offline mwosborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
Very nice looking bow!  Thanks for sharing the tips!  Building a glass bow is on my list of things to do.
Enjoy the hunt!  - Mitch

Offline mzombek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 12:47:00 PM »
I have also used Bingham for my first bows. As a new bowyer, I had alot of question. Elmont and his crew never hesitated once to give up the info. I had Elmont on the phone for 45 min. once, he never tried to push me off the line. I still use his forms for r/d bows, but now in the process working with Kenny buying his r/d prints. Being that I don't know  any bowyers, I get all my info from you guys. Haven't been let down yet.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©