Author Topic: 2012 annual TG bow swap (signup thread) update!!!!  (Read 5856 times)

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
2012 annual TG bow swap (signup thread) update!!!!
« on: December 18, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I gave it some thought and decided to form a bow swap committee of sorts for the purpose of making any decisions should any problems arise concerning any important issues. It is formed of 7 members and any and all changes from here on out will be put to a vote.

Swap committee members
 Stiks-N-Strings
 KellyG
 PatB
 RoyfromPA
 DVShunter
 Shaun
 Walt Francis

Should any issues arise all decisions will be discussed among the committee and voted on as big as this got last year I expect it to be bigger this year and I figure this is the best way to keep everything fair. The main reason is to keep everything and every one in check and to deal with anyone that would try to recieve a bow and skip out. We will do anything and everything in our ability to make sure that never happens again.  

Gonna go ahead and start this to give some folks an extra week of planning and building.

READ ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

The only change this year is....

Contact phone # is Required! You can just send it to me or Kelly Privately and it will be added to the spread sheet and kept private.

Any one that was asked not to ship on account of their recipient being lat will not be on the list of shippers to hold

If you shipped late or are a new sign up your builder will be holding your bow until you ship and provide either me or Kelly a tracking # and we OK your builder to ship. This is the only way we can keep someone from receiving and not sending.

Kelly and my self discussed this as well as a few other participants through pm's and it is the only way we can figure to stop some one from receiving and not sending. Myself and Kelly will be on this list so don't take it personal.

We have had a few out of country entries in the past. I don't have an issue shipping out of country but if any one does send me a PM and I will take care of it. I shipped a bow to switzerland last year for around 45-50$ and figure it will should be roughly the same for anywhere else. If you have an issue with it just send me a PM. It does cost a small fortune to ship to Africa, You can ship a TD to Africa for around 50 or 60 bucks.

Stiks

DEADLINE IS the July 7th for shipping

KellyG WILL BE GATHERING INFO (Thanks buddy!)so if you get a PM from him you know what's up.
 If he already has it from last year he will let you know and if anyhthing has changed you can let him know. I will be tracking 1/2 the builders and kelly will cover the other half.

READ ALL RULES BEFORE SIGNING UP

#1 There will be a 30 day grace period after the final to be shipped date. Any bows not shipped by then and I will ask you to forward the bow you receive to your recipient. The only exeptions will be made by Kelly and My self and a few other members I intend to contact

The only way We will make any exceptions to this rule is if you contact us and let us know what is going on. We do understand things happen and We are willing to work with anyone should an emergency arise, But YOU HAVE TO KEEP COMMUNICATION OPEN AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH us. No exceptions!

Okay here we go.

The way we'll do this to insure everybody get's a bow they can shoot is draw names. If you want in post here and at the end of sign up I will draw names and PM or email to the builder who your bow is going to and the specs desired.

#1 When you post that you are in also post your draw length and desired draw weight within a 5 or 10 pound range and right or lefthanded. (example.. 45-50 or 40-50) Also state whether you will be building a glass or wood bow, one pice or TD for the trade. I need to know this for shipping purposes out of country.

#2 When you post pics during the build DO NOT state in any fashion whom your bow is going to.

#3 I have given this alot of thought and to keep it as honest as possible no one who has signed up to TradGang after the date of this post can enter. I hate to exclude anyone but have heard of it here in past trades that one guy or another did not get a return on his trade and DO NOT want that to happen.

#4 The time frame for the build will be about 6 months and the bow you built should if anyway possible be shot in. Bows need to finished and shipped by the last day of June

#5 There was a few concerns about liabilty so I will throw in that any one who receives a bow in this trade is doing so at his/her own risk and in no way holds any one resposbible in any way should a misfortune occur due to use of such bow.

#6 if you are building a glass bow and only want a glass bow in return or vice versa for wood bowyers please state this in the sign up, otherwise you may recieve a glass or wood bow.
There we have it. I tried to keep it as simple as possible and keep everybody happy. So let the building and swapping commence.

Have fun! Kris
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2012 annual TG bow swap (signup thread) update!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 01:52:00 AM »
Looks Like I am the first to sign up... I will be building a glass one piece longbow, send me anything 45#, +/-5#. I like the new shipping rules so add me to the list since this is my first time.

Looks like I got too excited... I draw 29" and shoot  RH bows and make RH bows.
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 02:02:00 AM »
i am in- for sure!!
i will be building a yew self bow.
i would like a right handed 40 to 50 # bow at my 29.5 "
thanks
wayne

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 02:11:00 AM »
I'm in.

Building a wood bow

Shoot right handed any thing from 45# to 55# @28" wood or glass makes me no difference.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 06:40:00 AM »
Count me in again.
I will be doing a wood bow of some sort.
I shoot right handed and will take anything in the 55# range +/- 5# or so. 29" draw
I'm not fussy just love making and getting.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
Put me in,
I shoot either left or right handed.
Anywhere between 45 and 65# @ 29".
I am not prejudice, a glass, wood laminated, or selfbow works just fine.

I will make  whatever my recipient wands: a selfbow, wood laminate, our glass bow.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Balding Kansan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
Here we go again!

I'm in.
I'll be building a selfbow.
I'll shoot anything right handed, 50-55# @ 29".
I hate rudeness in a man...won't tolerate it. -Lonesome Dove
Hill Country Harvest Master
KennyM Swap bow

Offline dmikeyj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
I would like to get in as well.
I will be making a wood bow, one piece.
I am right handed, 28" draw, 60# + or - 10#
Don't care the bow type I receive.

Thanks
Mike
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
I love fools' experiments. I am always making them.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »
I'm in also. I will be making a selfbow.
 I draw 26" and anything between 45#-60# and right handed. Whatever the builder wants to build is fine with me.
  Thanks Kris and Kelly. Let me know if I can help!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »
I'm in! I will be building a bamboo or hickory backed longbow (RH). One piece (I never built a takedown and I won't experiment on another person).I am right handed, 28 inch draw, 45# to 55#. Any type of bow. This is a whole new adventure!
Thanks to everyone.
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline JSMOFFITT03

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
So exciting!!!! I'm in!  I'll be building a glass lam bow

Im right handed 28"  draw 50 to 60#.

Osage self bow,  glass or wood lam would be cool in return....

Thanks to the organizers for all your hard work!!!!

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
sign me up. im right handed 45-55#@28 it doesnt matter if its a selfbow or wood composite or wood/fiberglass composite.
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline 4est trekker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
Thanks Kris and Kelly!  As always, I'm really looking forward to this!  I will be building a wooden bow (osage selfbow most likely).  I shoot right handed and 35-40# @ 26" I'm not fussy about what kind of bow I receive.

:)
"Walk softly...and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline vanillabear?

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »
I'm in. I'll be making a one piece wood bow, either a selfbow or laminate. I shoot right handed from 40-60 lbs and draw 28". Don't have a preference on what type of bow I receive.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
I'm in.  Will be making a selfbow of some kind.  Would like a glass bow if possible, if not anything will be ok.  I shoot RH 55-65# @ 28".

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
I'm in too.

I don't care what kind of bow I get.

I would like it to be 50-55# at 28". RH

I will be making a bamboo backed or selfbow, maybe even a sinew backed bow.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline mwirwicki

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
Yay! Count me in!
I will be making an osage selfbow or bamboo backed or sinew backed bow.  

I would prefer a right handed selfbow.  50-60 lbs at 26 inches

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Sounds like the fun begins soon! Put me on the list fella's. I will be building either a self bow or all wood lam bow. I prefer 55-60# @ 29" in whatever flavor the builder prefers. They say your first is always the best! I hope its true!

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
Oh I am in this one also. I need address if you were not in the last one. If you were in the last one and have not changes just say you were in.

Oh I will be making a self bow.

0h 27" 45-55lbs and I am a lefty. The only kind of bow I want is one that will fling an arrow.

Offline WestTexan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
Count me in.... Right Hand 45-55 @ 27. I'll most likely build an all wood self bow of some sorts. This was way to much fun not to sign up again.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©