3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What sort of video would you prefer to see?  (Read 2546 times)

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What sort of video would you prefer to see?
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Frank.  I will definitely do that.

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
How about something on the bows and arrows of the native people there, what kind of woods used for bows and arrows i would find very interesting. Can't wait to see this video. FB
It's a great day to be alive !!

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »
I am already looking forward to watching it, is it done yet  :bigsmyl:
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
DocB,

I like the video diary idea too.  I was going to suggest that if you decide to publish this as a DVD instead of a VHS tape then you could easily do both. Make the video itself a story about the hunt from initial planning through the trip home. Then you could have the "extras" that you see on DVDs with the tips and other extra information you wanted to include. Like many here I much prefer to feel like I am going along on the trip rather than seeing the key elements that the producer wants to show.

Put me on your mailing list for when it's done.
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
Thanks, thanks, and thanks.  All good suggestions and comments.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
DocB....have a great trip, when you go.  Don't put so much into making a video that you lose out on the fun and excitement of your trip.
ChuckC

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
Just my 2 cents....make it just as it happens , no fancy back ground music ...JUST LIKE YOU ARE THERE BOWHUNTING...SHOW GOOD CLOSE UPS OF UR GEAR AND WHAT YOU LIKE ARROWS bh'S...PRIMO DOES THIS ...and Doc you feel like ur right there...hell what ever ya tape , LOL I got have one...Good luck...Marco#78  :wavey:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline coyote Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2007, 11:55:00 PM »
If you miss, show it.  and have the camera man behind you as you track, I hateit when the camera is all ready with the downed game and it shows the hunter tracking witha surprised look on his/her face ( oh there it is)  i've beenknown to throw videos away at the first sight of this.....

Offline Two Arrows

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
I like what bayoulongbowman had to say. If it were me, (this may sound really bad) I would stay away from the infomercial, educational aspect of things. Looking at a video as a consumer, and as a person who has hunted with a bow for more than 25 years, I'm not interested in a step by step process. Personnaly, I want to see what goes on during your adventures during the hunt itself. That's why I think the Primal Dreams, Beyond Adrenaline, and Traditional Harvest videos have received great reviews. One other thing; If I were to set out and make my own video, I would make sure I went out and watched every video Alan Altizer ever made. Although primarily a compound shooter, that guy is someone who can put out a great hunting video. Combine some of Alan Altizer, Primal Dreams, Beyond Adrenaline, and Traditional Harvests and I think you will have a winner of a video. Best of luck to you, and I'll be looking forward to buying your video.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
ChuckC,
Don't worry too much about me having a good time.  If I have a stick and some arrows in my hand, I am having fun!  Getting good video in Africa isn't too much of a chore as the hides (blinds) are fairly spacious to accomodate hunter and camera, and waterhole hunting lends itself to videoing.  Stalking with camera in tow is a whole nother ball game!  I have a few ideas on showing some things that I haven't seen done on video before in Africa.  We'll see if they pan out.  Now you will have to wait, 'cause I am not telling.
You can bet that there will be some bloopers and misses.  Not from me, of course   :D .  That's why I am bringing some other folks.  The number one goal is to have a great time, and document how it all comes together.
Coyote Tim, I am with you on that one.  I hate it when guys act surprised that they found their animal when the cameraman is sitting over top of it.  I promise you that you won't get any of that in this flic.
Any more input?  I'm still listening and taking notes.  Brady

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »
A good piece to put in would be the sharing of the meat. Illustrate how this isn't just about the trophy. Take away some of the myths antis try to spread about these kind of hunts. Just a thought.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
I want to add this and bring up an idea from a old thread I posted. It would be really neat to do a collaboration video of peoples hunts from our Trad Gang. I had wanted to see a t.v. show being done, but I think making a DVD is more realistic. Using the money from selling them to go to St. Judes would be a topper! Make the video around $15-$20 so everyone can afford it too. I don't want to highjack this thread, but if we could have footage of an African hunt it would really add to such a thing. If the ability to produce a dvd is available, then I'm ready to do some filming! I think there is also a chance of having multiple dvd's made with as many members that we have.  :readit:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
Put everything in it cause thats probably as close to Africa as I'll ever get.

Eric

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
I haven't heard the name alan altizer in a long time.  I used to love his videos!
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
Doc, this thread was a great idea and i'm getting some really good ideas in my head for the footage. all i can say is if you guys want to see it as it really happens then stand by cause that's exactly what we plan on giving you. i will be in Doc's back pocket with the film rolling and i promise not to let him delete any goofs.  if he misses you will see it.  keep the comments coming as that's what will ultimately make this a video not to miss.
(camera operator) heck i might even have to pick up my bow and let Doc get some footage of the camera man in action...... is it august yet????
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
just so you know how serious we are about making a video that you want, i just finished watching "White tail Eye to Eye".  love the traditional kill footage. this is the only video that i have of Alan's did he have others and if so might i still be able to get a copy. any bowhunter that takes his boots off and stalks in the freezing mud is worth watching.
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline southernarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »
I like the idea of the second type of video you talk about.There are lots of videos out with the high fives,hootin and hollerin,and just small clips of game being shot,and a bunch of ads.

On hunts that most folks haven't been on,or are looking into going on, seems these would be the best type of video to watch.If I was planning to go to Africa,I would want to know all the details of the hunt,from the time it takes to fly there,to the eating of the game.

Good Luck!
"We do this for fun, but we aren't playing"

Offline Two Arrows

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »
paleface - Alan has made several videos, anything from Turkey, to Elk, to Deer, among others. I have a few of the videos on VHS, but I would have to do some digging to tell you the names of them. I can say that of the videos he has made, they have been my favorites to watch. There is one instance where he is hunting a whitetail that has stumbled into a beehive. Another where Alan does a snort wheeze with his voice that is incredible and brings in the buck. Stalking in his bare feet on a beaded buck. The guy is really amazing. I'll dig through my collection to see if I can give you some titles of his work.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
Rob,
I used to have several of Alan's videos back when my folks ran an archery shop...too long ago now to think about.  I will see if they still have any around.  I learned a thing or two about calling from him.  
Guys, if you have any more thoughts, please let us know.  We want everyone hear to feel like they are a part of what we are doing.  You are really the inspiration for making this video.  Regards, Brady

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
Rob,
BTW, if you are going to show them ALL of my bloopers, you better bring plenty of tape   :knothead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©