Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 46387 times)

Offline Living_waters

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #1060 on: February 14, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
OK guys I couldn't wait for the batteries to charge in our Cannon so my phones camera will have to do for now. I got this amazing package yesterday and could not wait to put some arrows through it. Also could not wait to share some pics, this is a real beauty.

The first three unspined arrows at 20yrds.....and it only got better.

This shot should give the makers name away.

Money shot sounds inappropriate under the circumstances   :(        
52# at 27" snakey osage with some nicely flipped tips. Goose you are the man!
"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'” Jesus

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1061 on: February 14, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
Wow! That was another bow I had my eye on. Congratulations you are a lucky man!
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1062 on: February 14, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
Wow thats a sweet one for sure! Love the character in it!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1063 on: February 14, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
Nice!
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1064 on: February 14, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
Kip, about all I use for handle wraps any more is hemp cord from Walmart. I don't braid it but just wrap it tight with the ends tucked underneith. After that I saturate it with Massey finish(2ton epoxy thinned with acetone). It makes a great weather proof handle wrap that gives you a positive grip no matter what the weather conditions. I've tried coating with TB glue but it always became tacky after it got wet either from the weather or my sweaty hands.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1065 on: February 14, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »
Javi that's looking real good!!!

Goose what can you say, Oh myyyy ...  That is a creative piece of work, congrats to both of you!!!

Sticks, Pat thank you..  I haven't decided yet but the braided does kind of supply the bow with a tiny shelf area. I don't know how comfortable it will be to for my member? I kind of like its substance but I have big hands?

Man there are some GREAT bows coming out of here... I mean GREAT!!!
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Cuban Missile

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1066 on: February 14, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
Thanks! Hopefully I can finish her before I have to move on the 23rd!
Javier

Offline 4est trekker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1067 on: February 14, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
I'm with you, Cuban Missile...we close of the 30th or March.  I'm flying through my build...finish is applied and nearly done with the grip.  I didn't even take any pictures this round, which is very unusual for me.  It's a boo-backed-ipe/osage that came in about 2-3# shy, but it's a looker and a shooter nonetheless!  I'll post a few finish pics before shipping it out!
"Walk softly...and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline 1025 vs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1068 on: February 14, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
I promised when I signed up that I'd keep you informed, but had some health issues to keep me occupied lately. All seems right now and I finally got out to the shop again yesterday. My bow is a hickory backed cherry with ipe tip overlays, pyramid design with tips narrowed a bit for a little more performance. It's not floor tillered yet, but looks good so far. I'll get back out there again today, but right now this coffee is SO good.    Rob
Don't know how I got here and don't know where i'm going, but life is grand.

Offline scottm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1069 on: February 14, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »
Here is the pics I promised.Its a beautiful all cherry Longbow built for me by Larry Jorgenson AKA Jorgy!What a beauty!and shoots as good as it looks!

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1070 on: February 14, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
Scott, your pics are way too big. Stiks is gonna remove them if you don't redo them.
  Very nice bow, by the way!
If you  right click on one of the pics a window will appear. At the bottom it says "properties". Left click on that and it will give you the pic size. 640x480 is max!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1071 on: February 14, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »
The bows this year are something special for sure. Very nice guys.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1072 on: February 14, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
scottm Congrats!!!  great bow!!!  Well done Larry  :)
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1073 on: February 14, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
Hey you boo guys.  Every seen one do this?  I've had them lift splinters off the side and had them do it in the middle too but I've never had one crack like this.  Its been there since I got it out of the oven when I glued the riser on.  It may be a common thing but I've never had it happen to me before.  I've got it tillered to 45# at 16 and its been exercised around 500 or so times.  I try to work it at least 100 times between scrapes.  I filled it with superglue and  put marks at each end of it to see if it grows or now but it hasen't moved at all. But I'm still not trusting it.  If the bow was for me it would be a different story but its not its for ***** ***** ********* ******* ****. lolol  Surely to goodness that is longer than anyone's screen name.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1074 on: February 14, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
scottm - I love cherry and I'm planning on using cherry lams in my trade bow.  It only gets better with age!
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1075 on: February 14, 2012, 07:19:00 PM »
WAHOOOO  I finally got some actuall pics posted. lol  Thanks for telling me to click on the IMG button Pat.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1076 on: February 14, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Goodness, guys! I sleep through one day on this thread and ya'll have gone nuts with the bows!

Roy, you didn't break that beautiful left-handed bow drawing it right-handed, did you? LOL

Nice bow, Goose!

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1077 on: February 14, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
D, that's the trouble with making boo bows. I have seen that happen a few times. I'd wrap it with sinew and keep it for yourself.

It's still in one piece Red..

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1078 on: February 14, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Roy I've never seen one do that before. Of course I've not built a ton of bows either.  I thought about putting a skin on it but I don't think it would stop the split.  You could probably flex it a thousand times and be od but that first vibration of the first shot would probably finish it off.  Better safe than sorry just fix it.  I've grinded down boo backings before and glued another one on with pretty good success.  I think I'm gonna try that.  Not really complicated it just takes time.  Since I'm a newbie it looks like whoever has my name is gonna have to hold their bow til sometime next christmas if everything keeps on going the way its going. lol

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1079 on: February 14, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
D what glue did you glue it on with. Some have a temp release and that might be faster then grinding.
Heck I would shoot it and see. If it is like checks in self bows if you super glue them they don't grow from what I have seen and be told.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©