Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 46500 times)

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #1200 on: February 18, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »
Roy, How Many letters are in your name? I'll check the ***** datta sheet to see if your the guy I drew,  :laughing:
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1201 on: February 19, 2012, 02:00:00 AM »
Man I go back to work this week and I can't keep up now LOL

Good thing my bow is done. I guess I need to get some pics up of the finished product. I'll be helping my good buddy Rob W. finish up his boo backed ipe Hill bow tomorrow and I'll try to get some pics of them both up on the bench.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1202 on: February 19, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
Dear Keenan...

Roy ='s 3 letters

They have high schools in Bend, Oregon?

:laughing:

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1203 on: February 19, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roy from Pa:
Dear Keenan...

Roy ='s 3 letters

They have high schools in Bend, Oregon?

:laughing:  
Yeah but Keenan never made it that far  :laughing:
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Bruce Martin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1204 on: February 19, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
Hate to hear about the bbo failures of the bamboo. Nevertheless that is what I am building if the bamboo holds. I am attempting to build as good a r/d bbo as I can, at moderate poundage 50-55 lb at 28 or so. I personally have not had many bamboo failures; my downfall has been not getting the bamboo thin enough at the get go, and then having to retrofit another backing, which is a pain and harder than doing it right the first time. But I got the bamboo thin enough and just right I think (about a sixteenth or less on the edges and 1.25 inches at the fades).

With a cold shop it took longer than usual to heat things up enough to cure the Urac, but today I got it on a tillering string for the first few bends. Went at it for about 3 hrs today, which is about max for me until I start losing concentration, so I put it away till some evenings this coming week. Going to go slow and easy and not get in a hurry. We have till about June to finish right? When I get it on a short string, I'll feel better about it!

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1205 on: February 19, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »
Packed up my swap bow today and will mail it out Tuesday morning. So if your left handed and draw 75 pounds at 33 inches, then ya have a 1 in 100 chance of getting a bow by Friday:)

Well ok so I lied about the weight and draw length:)

Offline Swissbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1206 on: February 19, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
You guys are doing some incredible work. I have been away for one week ( had to chase some boars in Portugal... ) and when I come back there are like twenty new pages on that thread with some awesome looking bows. You all make me feel kind of lazy because I haven't even started with my bow.

----------
Andy

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1207 on: February 19, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
I got mine packed up today as well, hoping to catch the post office after work tuesday, worse case it will go out Thursday (my day off).
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1208 on: February 19, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »
Grrrrr.. Two more days and i can pick up my new bow.
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline Living_waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1209 on: February 19, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
I hate the way this works, I have done got my bow, everyone else is sending theirs annnnnd I am waiting on sinew to dry. Almost makes me want to send the white oak Delaware incised bow I am working on, at least I wont have to wait for it to dry. Oh well maybe * will not mind being the very last one to receive their bow.   :)
"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'” Jesus

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1210 on: February 19, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »
Man I love how there is a steady flow of bows coming and going.

Andy I know once you start on yours you will still get done before me.

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1211 on: February 19, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »
I've got to get some more urac ordered before I can start all over on mine.  Got it all prepped and ready just waiting.

Offline evildocrsx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1212 on: February 19, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
I'm almost done tillering mine.  I think my tips are too stiff, but I'm pushing it close to the weight limit so I'm gonna play around with it a bit and see what happens.

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1213 on: February 19, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »
BREAKING NEWS! Local college kid drives his truck through local post office building in search of long cylinder package....
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1214 on: February 19, 2012, 11:47:00 PM »
Patience grasshopper. In due time!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1215 on: February 20, 2012, 03:54:00 AM »
rmorris; "BREAKING NEWS! Local college kid drives his truck through local post office building in search of long cylinder package"....

Follow up story!  Tradgang members bail out buddy from jail and pay for rehab    :laughing:
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1216 on: February 20, 2012, 07:54:00 AM »
Haha. I know the feeling. When i got my slip last year I koked at my watch and saw I had 8 min till they close and the post office was 12 min away. Lucky for me, I called on the way and the nice postal worker held the door open and stayed just a bit later for me. The senders name was Howard and the tube was from OR.     :scared:
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1217 on: February 20, 2012, 09:01:00 AM »
rmorris you are a day closer to getting your hands on your bow. Just work on another bow until it arrives.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1218 on: February 20, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »
There hasn't been a bow that I wouldn't be thrilled to get yet. Going to heat treat my trade bow today then let it rehydrate this week, hoping to finish in the next week or two.

Offline 1025 vs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1219 on: February 20, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
Well, my European beech backed cherry trade bow suddenly became a three piece takedown. So much for plan B. I may go back to plan A, I've been working on it as well and it's coming along nicely. Not sure if I should start a new one or not.    Rob
Don't know how I got here and don't know where i'm going, but life is grand.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©