Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 46561 times)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #1300 on: February 23, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »
Sweet looking bow Kelly!!!

Roy, ya done good pilgrim, sweet shooter  :)
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1301 on: February 23, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
Congratulations Kelly, that is a sweet bow. Roy Boy you sure out did your self. Good job ol man
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1302 on: February 23, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
very, very nice!!!
you lucky sod kelly!!

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1303 on: February 23, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
Hey Kelly, now that you got your bow does not mean you can quit you job. Congratulations on a beautiful bow and thanks again for all you do! You deserve the best bow of the swap but since I got it you will have to settle for #2.
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1304 on: February 23, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »
adeeden that is really a sweet bow I know *** is going to love it.

Thanks all I am lucky to receive it. Pat the deer don't have a chance. I mean I shot at two deer last year and never spooked them bad. As quiet as this bow is I will be able to shot a quiver full of arrows and I think the deer will just think it is more acorns hitting the ground.

The pics don't do it any good. DVS I really wish I was able to be there so you could see and shoot it.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1305 on: February 23, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »
I don't know rmorris maybe tied for first with a lot of bows but seconded to none.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1306 on: February 23, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »
Oh this one brings us to 13% complete.

Stiks if you send me all the names you had I will combine the list and just track them all now.

Offline H8nonCubs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1307 on: February 23, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
Decided to go for the gold. Was getting tired of fightibg potential problems and snatched a clean solid ringed seasoned stave. With the awesome bows shipping out already I figured I'd give my two cent in the selfbow category  

"I never make the same mistake twice, i make it three or four times. You know just to make sure."

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1308 on: February 24, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
Thats alright Kelly, I'll see it at MOJAM.  ;)
Congrats.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1309 on: February 24, 2012, 03:32:00 AM »
Glad to see you got a sweet shooting bow Kelly. That kind of came about by special request.    :D

Roy that open on this end made my day  :laughing:    

Kelly I'll get you what I have on my list as soon as I get a chance. I'm on seconds this week. Back to work after 2 months off and now all I'm doing is working 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Not much time for anything really. In have been checking in daily and keeping an eye out on the porch    :D

The mail lady pulled up the drive way today with a tube sticking out her window as I headed out the door but no bow. Good thing I would of hated to have to call in so I could stay home and shoot it.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1310 on: February 24, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
Kelly, I missed the "petite" part of the discription of your new bow. Are you sure Roy didn't send Kate's bow by mistake?  :goldtooth:

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1311 on: February 24, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
Yeah are you sure he didnt send you Kate's bow?  Hey wait a minute............THATS ME!!!
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1312 on: February 24, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Finished tillering the hackberry recurve today, refined nocks etc. Will be finishing it over the next week or two. So far its been shot roughly 300x so its good to go. Probably shoot it some more over the next few weeks (too fun to put down) after finish is complete.
Still thinking of starting on a BBI blank I have since we still have plenty of time. I'd like to see how it turns out.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1313 on: February 24, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
Congrats Kelly, good job Roy!

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1314 on: February 24, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
H8,
That is some tight looking rings on that stave.

If he did send me kate's bow it is mine now. No give backs.

:)

Offline David Flanrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1315 on: February 25, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »
Congrats Kelly, sweet bow.  I'll bet she is smooth.  Good job Roy.

Like Stiks, I've been on the road working for the better part of two weeks.  Takes too much of my play time.  But the bills they got to be paid.  Had some honey dos to do this morning but the afternoon is mine.  I am out to put a little heat on my osage snakey stave to straighten one limb a little.  Try to post some pics tonight.

My copperheads are dried and ready.  Just need a bow to glue them to.

Offline 1025 vs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1316 on: February 25, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »
I found a real bonanza a couple months ago. 2" X 10" X 13' hickory board. I cut it in half and made a bunch of backing strips out of the first half. Every bow I've tried with these strips has broken. I guess it wasn't all that great a bonanza after all. I got a much smaller board at the same store, guess I'll try that next. Hickory is really hard to find around here so this hurts, especially when it keeps taking some other expensive, hard to get wood with it. Oh, well, I guess that's what I get for being an addict. On to the next one.    Rob
Don't know how I got here and don't know where i'm going, but life is grand.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1317 on: February 25, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
yup i had the same problem with hickory i was getting in calagary- some was good- some not so good- havent really figured a way to identify bad wood in the store- look at some of the red oak bows on this site- some work and some dont- and i think its more than skill level( sure that has play in it!) but also the quality of the store bought board- its a real tough one- i feel so bad for the guys that put so much time and effort in, only to have it blow up. now if i can only find a rich benefactor, i would cruise around harvesting staves for donating to addicts!!- oh well sweet dreams!!
i have some friends out in ontario, and it might take a hunting trip out east, with a pickup, and returning with a load of hickory and maple etc.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1318 on: February 26, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »
Ive had the same problem with hickory that I cut and dried myself.  I made some backing strips from a piece of it and staves from the rest.  The bow i used the backing strip on blew and the first bow from a stave also blew. I gave one stave to a friend who has not completed it yet, we'll see how his turns out.  I'm thinking their may have been some type of fungus or something going on, although the tree looked to be healthy....Dan

Offline 1025 vs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1319 on: February 26, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
Fujimo - I've been dreaming of doing just that sort of thing for years now. It really would be a dream come true to be turned loose in all those hardwoods back east. Hunting might not work though, no room to bring meat home too.   Rob
Don't know how I got here and don't know where i'm going, but life is grand.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©