Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 46744 times)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #1820 on: April 10, 2012, 01:03:00 AM »
Llamma1 simple is good just put your best into it and join up next go....  this is coming from a new "B" who almost didn't sign up but is glad he did,,,  The folks here are a great bunch and only helped and encouraged!!
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1821 on: April 10, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »
Kip, you almost did not sign up?   :eek:  Man I am sure glad you signed up this year...
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1822 on: April 10, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
New guy nerves Ralph but you guys made me glad I did  :)
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1823 on: April 10, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »
Kip, How many bows have you made on that little assembly line so far? For a while you were cranking them out at an amazing pace...
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1824 on: April 10, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »
I made about a dozen since I started in August and every one suprised me when it worked     :)     Still learning as much as I can here,,, learning and lovin it     :)

Offline David Flanrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1825 on: April 10, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
Well, like a few otheres here, I have been traveling more than I would like and haven't posted an update in a while.  Got my trade to a low brace.  I have "tweaked" the straightness again and the string is still not where I would like to see it in the bow.  Will move it a little more and post a pic later this week.

Red, I have made a few boo backed bows and usually taper from the handle to the tip a little.

Offline Cuban Missile

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1826 on: April 10, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
Kip don't you love it!  It shocks and amazes me that I can get wood to bed like this!

Red Hill Just pre-tiller the boo before glue up  and make sure it has an even bend because those nodes can be tricky.
Javier

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1827 on: April 10, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »
Missile man looks like you suprised yourself...  Nice shooter Javier   :)

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1828 on: April 10, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
I will, Missile. Right now I'm hoping the osage slat retains the straightness I tried to heat into it last evening. I've been pleased with the boo so far. It is easy to work with, at least much more than I had expected.
I don't think my trade bow will be an R/D though. That will come later. However, it will have a little Perry reflex in an effort to retain a straight unstrung profile.
Thanks.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1829 on: April 10, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
Well Lookie what I found on the side porch today:) Jeff, I can't thank you enough for the very awesome bow. I've never had a bow backed with snake skins before, but I always wanted one. What type of snake skin? Thanks again Jeff, Roy big smile in Pa:)

And what's this mean son? LOL

Offline BrushWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1830 on: April 10, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
I just got home and found a long white pipe waiting for me. I wonder what it could be???
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1831 on: April 10, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
I bet I know   ;)
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1832 on: April 10, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
The inscription should be self explanatory, Roy...LOL
That is a gorgeous bow!

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1833 on: April 10, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
I popped the handle a bit on my plan b bow so I added a handle overlay and reglued it back on and am sanding again and refinishing it again after reducing the weight out near the tips.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline BrushWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1834 on: April 10, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
After I broke out the wife's lady tools I was able to crack this sucker open.

And guess what I found... My very first longbow! Thanks jsweka!!

In this last one if you look really close you can see the arrow going.

I've never shot one before so I don't have anything to compare it to but if they all shoot like this one I might be tempted to the dark side! lol That is if the wife doesn't steal it first. I couldn't be anymore pleased than I am. Walnut paired with cherry has always been one of my favorites. Excellent work John. Thanks again!  :bigsmyl:

Offline Living_waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1835 on: April 10, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roy from Pa:

And what's this mean son? LOL

Well Roy her sister was "beautifully twisted" they both came from my front yard, I raised them from a little sprout and you know preachers kids, there going to be full of pin knots and twist no matter what you do...... so I just left them alone and hoped some one would love them in spite of their limb twist and all their knots. LOL
"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'” Jesus

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1836 on: April 10, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
BrushWolf - I didn't think it was going to get there until tomorrow.  

I'm glad you like it and you look good with a longbow in your hands.  Looks like you shoot it pretty dang well for never shooting a longbow before.  I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it either on the range or in the woods.  And if your wife steals it and enjoys it, I won't be offended.  I've been trying to get my wife to take up a bow for years.

On a side note - that packaging material has gone on a good trip around the country.  It was what Trux had mine packed in, so New Mexico to Pennsylvania to Ohio.  You know...reduce, reuse, recycle.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline BrushWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1837 on: April 10, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
Imagine that! Fancy packaging too. Here I thought I was just getting a sweet new bow   :)  It'll probably cost me some cash though... A nice set of woodies seem to be in my future.

Offline Trux Turning

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1838 on: April 10, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
I thought that tube looked familiar. Were almost kind of on a roll here... ship one get one.
Nice looking bow!!

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1839 on: April 10, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
Of course you'll need some woodies for a longbow.  That will be your next addiction - making wood arrows.

I've always said shooting carbons out of a longbow is like fishing a nightcrawler on the end of a flyrod.  Both might be very effective, but something just doesn't seem right about it   :biglaugh:
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©