Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 46741 times)

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #1840 on: April 10, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Trux - Actually it was a different tube, but the bubble wrap was the same.  I was going to use the same tube you sent, but this bow was a couple inches longer.  I slid it in the tube and the tip stuck out  :knothead:  That wasn't going to work.  

Luckily I had had another piece of PVC out in the garage that worked.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline BrushWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1841 on: April 10, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »
Yeah Trux I've been tracking the one I shipped & it should be delivered tommorrow. We're definitely on a roll!

John- The wife says she might just "borrow" it. lol Is there a support group out there for those who are addicted? AA (Arrowbuilders Anonymous) meetings held whenever we can pull ourselves out of the shop. Also what did you finish my bow with? I have a hard time getting mine the way I want and since yours is so nice I thought you might want to share  :D
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1842 on: April 10, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »
BrushWolf - That's funny...I asked Trux the same question about the bow he built for me.  The finish I use is about as simple as you can get.  It's just Minwax wipe-on satin polyurathane.  Five or six coats with steel wool in between.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1843 on: April 10, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
Very nice Jeff..great looking bow!!  I guess it's OK that Roy got it   :)  

Congrats BrushWolf that is a sweet Longhunter... Well done jsweka!!
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1844 on: April 10, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  to all!!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1845 on: April 10, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Great looking bows guys, congrats    :clapper:

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1846 on: April 10, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
Roy and Brush congrats to you both on some very fine bows. If Roy had not sent me the best bow made this year I would be jealous.

Llamma1 this swap is for everyone with a passion to build. I have only made one shooter. I understand a lot more with just that one and the other 2 before that failed. So if you think you can pull off a bow that someone can enjoy go for it and get in.

Now out of 92 bowyers 18 have received their bows. That leaves 74 still waiting, there are 2 in the mail still. We are at 21.69% complete.

Offline jtbluefeather871

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1847 on: April 10, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »
Boy, I go away for a little while and gotta play catch up with the beautiful bows!  Llamma 1, I'm a newbie, too.  But will be working on bows all year to get in on the next swap!

Nice work all!
I learned "Semper Fi" as a Marine, and have lived it every day since.

Offline Cuban Missile

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1848 on: April 11, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
On the home stretch! I put on two coats of CA and two coats of Tung Oil.  I'll add a few more coats of Tung oil, throw a wrap and a string on her and send her out!

I get the itch when i'm almost done and all I can think about is finishing... sorry boss.
Javier

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1849 on: April 11, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
Wow Things are really kicking in. Some incredible bows being passed around. I have worked a little more on both my trade bows. Tiller coming along, just need to drop some weight on the Cascara bow and putting skins on the ERC.
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1850 on: April 11, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
I have switched to spectator mode.  I asked Kelly and Stiks to have my builder forward that bow to the gentleman who was to be my buildee.  I have just got too much on my plate right now with trying to build a small homebased fly rod business and some home remodeling honey do's that we decided needed to be done to help my wifes allergies.  Perhaps next years swap will find me in a better place...until then I will just have to drool over the bows that are making their way around the country.  This year its Bud Light Lime with a Lime wedge to satisfy the thirst....looking forward to seeing more from you guys.
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1851 on: April 11, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
Nate, good luck with the fly rod business, you're in a good location for it.  Was through Billings last fall, you have some beautiful streams & rivers everywhere you look in Montana.  Good luck with the home jobs also.....Dan

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1852 on: April 11, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »
Well I don't know why this caught me by surprise, I mean I’ve been stalking the postman since the swap began but when this package showed up today it was a total mystery???? First off it was a flat rectangular box not a tube?? I took it in the garage and read the address. It was from Ohio and said David Miller/Horizontal Archery well that made it even more confusing, when I opened the box the bow said Mike Tenley well I started giggling like a school girl (I know but I couldn’t help it)…  Ever since I saw BrushWolf/Mike's post of this bow I could only hope       :)      

The detail is perfect…dead in the hand and quieter than a recurve should be. One of my objections to curves has always been the difference in noise. David your bow took to these woodies like a duck to water and I don’t know if I’ll put string silencers or not? This Curve is almost enough to convert a longbow guy.

Thank you it will always be here if you are ever out west and want to fling a few....  you did an excellent job and I truly would not change one thing on the bow....  Excellent!!

I am one lucky dude!!!

Jackpot!!!!!!!!!!!!

The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1853 on: April 11, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1854 on: April 11, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »
KIP!!!
Wow, you are one lucky duck. I think I will call you "Rookie of the year" for a guy who debated joining the swap you made one heck of a bow and also received one amazing bow! You must be living right. Once again congratulations on winning the lottery and thanks for allowing me to win also.
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline BrushWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1855 on: April 11, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
I think both of us "newbies" hit the jackpot this year! With the bow I received I feel like a fat kid in a cake factory. You feel like changing sides??? Cause now I'm thinking I might give a longbow build a shot. Hope you kill lots of stumps with it. ( or whatever else might get in your sights)   :D
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1856 on: April 11, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
Beautiful bows, guys!! Man this is kickin'!!

Tillered out my boo backing this afternoon. My osage slat needed a little more heat. Maybe by Friday the slat will hold a straight profile.

Great jobs, all.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1857 on: April 11, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
Well Kip congrats on a fine bow.
We are at 22.89% complete.

Offline Trux Turning

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1858 on: April 11, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
Awesome bow!! Great job on that one Brushwolf   :thumbsup:

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1859 on: April 11, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
Congratulations Kip!!  Mike makes a darn fine looking recurve. Enjoy.

Mike - If you try building a longbow you'll think it's child's play compared to the recurves you build with those incredible risers.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the bar has definitely been raised with all the bows being built this year.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©