Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 46239 times)

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #2700 on: July 03, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
Mater I marked you as shipped. Soooo that puts 5 in the mail.

Offline Balding Kansan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2701 on: July 03, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »
Put me down as shipped Kelly. My bow got sent out today. It should arive on Tuesday. I'll try to get some pictures up. Static tip osage drawing somewhere between 25 and 65 pounds at 15-30". I hope he/she likes it. I'm still loving my bow I got from Javier but I can only shoot in the basement, my bald head will burn in this heat if I shoot outside. Thanks again Kelly and Sticks for putting this together again. Take care!
I hate rudeness in a man...won't tolerate it. -Lonesome Dove
Hill Country Harvest Master
KennyM Swap bow

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2702 on: July 03, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
ok that is 6 in the mail

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2703 on: July 04, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
Here is who I am tracking that needs to still ship. unless you are on sticks list.

Steven Russell
razorback
rainman
Stiks-n-Strings
BrianO
fujimo
inksoup
eagleone
John Lipinski
tenbrook
JSMOFFITT03
Swissbow
caleb0100
Sacred mt
Dmaxshawn
RECURVE319
Boswell
b.glass
Walt Francis
keenan
Dave Bowers
evildocrsx
Kellyg
Bone lake
StoneAK

I know a few have contacted me letting me know whats up. Just remember the ship date is on the 7th. If you have not let me know that you need more time and why you should so I don't just have your bow forwarded to the person you are building for. If you are just waiting on the word from me because you person is on the hold list just let me know that your bow is done.

Thanks. Kelly

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2704 on: July 04, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
Kelly I think Inksoup had to bow out on account of the earthquake where he lives. I talked to his builder and will get eith you on that. I'll go through my list and get with you.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline caleb0100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2705 on: July 05, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
I finished my trade bow tonight. It was pretty neat shooting it in tonight in the yard as the neighborhood fireworks started going off. It was like a 2012 trade bow celebration.    :jumper:    :jumper:        Thanks everyone for making this thing happen. Kelly, I will let you know when I ship it on Friday.

Offline burnt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2706 on: July 05, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
I'm about there. probably won't make July 7th. Had to sinew back my trade bow do to low weight. Should string her up and shoot her this afternoon.  but then i have to stain her and polish her up.  try to get some pics up soon.
"TGMM Family Of The Bow"

Offline 4est trekker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2707 on: July 05, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »
Should be some bows showing up on porches today...I hope my recipient is one of them  :)   As a teaser (since I had no time or patience for pictures with our recent move), it's a bamboo-backed ipe/osage combo with osage and horn tip overlays.  The bamboo was stained in a red and black sunburst pattern using a mouth atomizer (exactly like James Parker of Huntworthy Productions does).  In fact, I copied the specs on a bow I received from him a few years ago to the T with this bow since I like the way it looks and shoots so much.  Looking forward to seeing it arrive in J. Doe's hands!   :)
"Walk softly...and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2708 on: July 05, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
Yes stiks I was tracking that. I just did not take him off the right part of the spread sheet. But did mark him as needing to drop out.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2709 on: July 05, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
Kelly, I shipped mine but not sure if the dummy ever got it..   :laughing:

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2710 on: July 05, 2012, 06:54:00 PM »
me thinks he is still trying to figure out which end to open the tube.   :banghead:  

The good news is I piked my bow and it is up to 50#@28". I finished shaping the handle, tips and put a final sanding on it now I am going to put the true oil on it. It took a lot of set but heat treating the belly and adding in the reflex on the outer 3rd seems to have countered it well.

I decided to just leave the back alone. I like natural look and since ***** did not say which they would prefer I get to make the choice. I will get some pics up tomorrow for sure and I hope it is of a completed bow.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2711 on: July 05, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
me thinks he is still trying to figure out which end to open the tube.

Hain't no doubt in my mind:)

Offline JSMOFFITT03

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2712 on: July 05, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
Finally,  Im getting a few days off for the holiday and I can hopefully finish up my trade bow.  Might be a few days late...Guess I can't be to upset I'm still working...

You guys have done great! What a beautiful line up of bows

Offline Dmaxshawn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2713 on: July 06, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
Kelly mark me down as shipped.  Found a better way to send it.

Offline John Lipinski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2714 on: July 06, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
I'm mostly done, but I don't think I'll be shipping on time. Definitely sometime next week. If all went well I would have shipped by now, but I can't get this finish to be applied evenly. Should have stuck with what I've done before rather than try something new. You can see the uneven finish in the bottom picture. I'm not too enthused about that, and it will require more time to get right (no way I'm shipping out something that looks like that). Anyway below are some more pictures showing what happened a week ago, and pictures of what the bow looks like as of now at the bottom. While this bow is not the greatest and definitely has a few flaws that are fairly prevalent, this is without a doubt the best bow that I have made yet, and is leaps and bounds ahead of the bow I made for the swap last year, which was, at the time, also the best possible bow that I could make. I've done my best to pay forward the bow that I received from last year's swap, but I think I still need a bit more practice. I think this is only bow number six for me, and my second fiberglass bow ever.

The limbs are cherry, walnut wedge, bubinga laminated riser.

Time to sand this finish down and start over... oh well. Sorry to my recipient for making him wait so long. I'm just as eager to ship it out, believe me!

Offline Bone lake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2715 on: July 06, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »
My swap bow went out today, should be at it's new home in a few days. Hope he likes it.

Offline 4est trekker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2716 on: July 06, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
Nice bow, Bone Lake!  Is that figured/birdseye maple I see in there?  Very nice lines and contrast.

John, that is a very good looking bow.  Take your time on that finish, as you want to end as well as you began.  You're right...you've made a huge leap since last year!  :)

My recipient should have gotten his/her bow today...hmmmm.  I'm anxious (and nervous!) to see how they liked it.
"Walk softly...and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2717 on: July 06, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »
Well I got mine shipped off to day. Here are a few teasers.

And the money shot you will have to wait for from the new owner when they get it.
 I just hope they like it.

I also think I made the right choice by not puting the rat snake skins on it.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2718 on: July 06, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »
Bone and Canopy nice bows fellas.

Ok we have the most bows in the mail as of right now a total of 9. So we have 46 folks received and 40 folks waiting bows.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2719 on: July 06, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Nice Kelly

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©