Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 46200 times)

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #2800 on: July 13, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »
Great looking bows showing up on tradgangers porches    :archer2:

Offline John Lipinski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2801 on: July 13, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »
Here we go:
After getting a wrong sized box (measure nonce, buy twice) I'll be shipping tomorrow after my brother brings me home a box from his work. Plus, then he gets to shoot it too! Oh, and I get to polish the bezels this way.

Anyway, here's the finished bow:

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2802 on: July 13, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »
john did it make it out in the mail.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2803 on: July 13, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
Really nice bow John, great work!

Offline StoneAK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2804 on: July 13, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
Bone Lake I got your bow in the mail yesterday morning and man OUTSTANDING job brother one of the nicest bows I have ever had the pleasure to put my hands on. Thank you for the fine bow. I have my bow ready to ship and it should be out the door within the week. Sorry I haven't been on guys I am preparing for a mission trip and I will be out of country for a couple of years. God Bless
"He never promised that the cross would not be heavy and the hill wouldn't be hard to climb"
"I don't want to gain the whole world, and lose my soul"

10 Year Active Army Disabled Vet.

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2805 on: July 14, 2012, 12:33:00 AM »
Well on my last post I got to the post office late and going the next day.  After not being able to sleep that night I got up and was at the post office before the post worker.  She unlocked the door and as I went in with my little piece of paper I felt like Charlie with his golden ticket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. lol..I handed it to her and she went to the back and from the back of the building she said "Oh its a big tube".  I yelled back AWSOME.  I got outside the door with it and thats as far as I could make it before I had to open it.  I don't know if everyone else is like me and would be absolutly happy with any bow that I would have received but I was secretly hoping a glass longbow because I didn't have one.  I got the bow built by Walt Francis and Walt I thank you so much.  I really cant thank you enough.  I wish I could thank you in person and shake your hand.  It shoots super fast and hard.  The grip fits my hand perfectly.  The purple heart really sets it off.  I really don't think I could be any more happy.  You did an amazing job sir.  Just one question how in the world do you write so good on a bow.  I can't label mine worth crap.  lol..Thanks you again my friend.  I took some pictures but my computer wasen't wanting to download them for some reason.  I'll try again tomorrow.  Thank you to Kelly and Kris as well.  This was my first year and you all have done a great job with it.

Offline Bone lake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2806 on: July 14, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
Stone, your welcome and hope you get alot of use from it. Guys and gals please don't forget about posting pics of your bows, there's some fine work being done.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2807 on: July 14, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
Ok we still have 5 in the mail with 54 received and
31 bowyers still waiting for their bows. So we are 62% complete.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2808 on: July 14, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
Kelly, are you getting slacky on us now?   :thumbsup:  

Lets see some pics of these bows guys, us fellas with no bows showing up yet would sure like to see what great bows you are all getting, it keeps our hopes up.

:biglaugh:

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2809 on: July 14, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »
Sport I hope you except my most humblest apologies. I am such a slacker. But you are correct.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2810 on: July 14, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
D,
Glass you like it.  You may have to twist the string some to find the sweet spot.

My penmanship on the bows is better then it was in the past,  but it still has a long way to go before I'd classify it as good.  Putting a phone book (or  stack of magazines) about the same height as the width of the bow helps me stabilize my hand and write more legible.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Swissbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2811 on: July 15, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Ok, found the time to work on my trade bow. The tiller looks good and the bow shoots fine. All I have to do is sand it off completely and apply the finish. It should be on it's way within the next few days.

----------
Andy

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2812 on: July 15, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
Oh man Andy I know ****** is chomping at the bit. We all know the fine bows you make.

Offline 4est trekker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2813 on: July 15, 2012, 04:53:00 PM »
Well, I leave tomorrow morning for a conference...won't return until Friday pm.  Looks like I'll have to take a break from my daily "tube hunt!"     :D    Very nice bows this year, all.  Glad to see so many new folks joining in and getting their feet wet in traditional bowyery.   :)
"Walk softly...and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline Boswell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2814 on: July 15, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »
Put about 100 Arrows through my trade bow this afternoon. After fighting with my tip issue for who knows how many times and not having anything but hand tools, I decided to go simple. I just wrapped B50 around as a nock. It may be a simple bow, but it is probably the best shooting bow I have made to date, so what it lacks in looks it makes up for in the shot. All I have to do is put a finish on it.

Thanks
Boswell

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2815 on: July 15, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
well boswell that is a very sweet looking bow. I bet **** can't wait for you to get it in the mail so they can see if it shoots as well as that pic.

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2816 on: July 15, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
Boswell I like the clean simple looks of that stick. Something about a simple primitive stck that turns my crank.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2817 on: July 15, 2012, 11:56:00 PM »
Boswell, it may look simple but your skills are evident, nicely done. Great tiller, tiny tips, bet its a shooter   :archer2:

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2818 on: July 16, 2012, 01:38:00 AM »
Boswell, great looking bow, tiller appears perfect The new owner should be proud to have it on his rack.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2819 on: July 16, 2012, 07:39:00 AM »
I have put some real good time into my bow this last week and am just about done. Got the handle shaped yesterday and some sanding done. Just have to fine tune the nocks, finish the sanding, put a finish on it and make a string. I even have a tube ready to go. Should be in the mail by thursday.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©