Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 46172 times)

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #2880 on: July 20, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
Got my cardboard tube all ready and the poly has set up on my bow. Just have to fine tune the string, take some pics (yep found the camera and not in the sock draw) label the tube and send her on her way tomorrow morning. Now how do you spell ******.

@ what Pat said. He has it completely right. This is about pushing ourselves and giving something of ourselves away. I tried things I have not done before and feel like I have had success. My bow might not be as good as some of the bows in this trade but it is the best I have produced so far and has my heart and soul in it. This is what I love about this trade, its not about ego, its about giving your best to a complete stranger. Thanks to all involved especially Kelly, Kris and the regulars who give support to everyone.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2881 on: July 20, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2882 on: July 20, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »

Thanks to my gracious wife for posting my trade bow pics.

Jerrod, the bow shoots well. I tied on some yarn string silences and put a strip of velcro on as a strike plate.   :archer:  I'm a happy camper, Boys!

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2883 on: July 20, 2012, 11:00:00 PM »
Well here are a couple of photo'sof my trade bow I hope **** likes it. It seems a little different from what he built but variety is the spice of life.
This bow is made from what I believe is an old heartwood birch board, that I found in th emaintenance barn of the summer camp where I live. Past experience with this board has shown me the wood seems to be weak in tension so I backed this one with a thin layer of hickory. I put tiger maple on for the tips and a handle overlay. There is also a piece of cherry in the handle that doesn't show up well yet but will develop a beautiful color contrast with time. Light coat of stain and about 10 coats of satin poly to protect it. I'll leave it to the new owner to post the money shot.

Offline JSMOFFITT03

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2884 on: July 20, 2012, 11:37:00 PM »
Glad to here your package arrived Stan, and I'm even happier that you are happy with it.  If you ever need to touch it up, I uses helmsman spar urethane spray....

Great looking bows guys!!!!

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2885 on: July 21, 2012, 01:17:00 AM »
What a great bow swap!!!

Kelly, Kris great job!!

Some great bows and giving folks...  congrats to all and thanks for letting me play   :)  

:campfire:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2886 on: July 21, 2012, 07:48:00 AM »
Very nice Red and razor..

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2887 on: July 21, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
Got to the post office this morning at 11:30 only to see the post mistress driving away. Checked the sign on the door and they close at 11:15, go figure. Well ****** will just have  to wait a couple more days, sorry.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2888 on: July 21, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
Can't complain about 'bankers hours' anymore, my bank is open 'til noon on Saturday! We'll have to gripe about 'post office' hours!  :confused:

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2889 on: July 21, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
Congrats on that one Red!!!

Razorback, that tiger maple really look great on those tips and handle, well done.....Dan

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2890 on: July 22, 2012, 07:00:00 AM »
Thanks Dan. I thought about doing a leather wrap but that maple looks too good to put cloths on it. Her new owner might like to put a wrap on it, they can also adjust the handle area to their fit if they like as I left it a litle beefy incase they have big hands. Its harder to put the wood back on.  :)

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2891 on: July 22, 2012, 08:05:00 AM »
Ok Y'all, I'm back as of last night.  5 days without power at the end of June and 2.5 weeks on vacation overseas with my outlaws.  (Power came back day after we left.)  Wife and kids don't come back for almost a month, so other than work my time is my own.

The plan is to replicate the last bow, but use osage from Kenny on the belly instead of that *#)@&&*! ipe.  Was up at 0530 this morning, and the riser is in the easy bake.  My club has shoot this morning, but if all goes well the rest of the bow will be in the oven before bed tonight.

I had contacted Stiks awhile back before leaving, and sent Kelly an update last night.  My apologies to my recipient for the late delivery, this year luck hasn't been on my side.

-Dave
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2892 on: July 22, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »
OK I got back from MOJAM this AM and all caught up on here.

And we have 57 received so that bring us to 67% complete. I am tracking 6 in the mail and 2So for the 8 of you still waiting So you have a 22% chance of getting a bow soon.

I have a few pics from MOJAM but not many.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2893 on: July 22, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »
Razor just ask yourself, what would Hova do now?

:deadhorse:

Offline Cuban Missile

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2894 on: July 22, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
Baaaahhahahaha
Javier

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2895 on: July 22, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
Roy, not sure that is a mind I want to dealve to deeply into. I have enough trouble dealing with my own. I WILL HAVE IT IN THE MAIL, before I head of to ETAR at Denton Hill on wednesday.  :readit:    :archer2:    :deadhorse:

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2896 on: July 23, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »
Got the bow in the oven last night and went to bed.  Walked down to the barn this morning and heard the compressor running.  Getting closer, you can hear air leaking.  Crap, my good luck just continues....

Pulled everything out, and was hoping that the leak developed after the bow was cured.  But had to delay getting to work to be sure.  Unwrapped and ground off the extra glue at the fades.  Maybe my luck is starting to turn?

TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2897 on: July 23, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
Well I finally found an open post office and sent my bow on its way to its new owner. I hope ****** enjoys it as much as I did making it.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2898 on: July 23, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
Hey Gang,

Let's not forget to post pics of completed bows on the "pictures only" thread.  rmorris shouldn't have to post them all which would be a lot of fighting with photobucket.  I know there are a lot of great bows that have been built and not posted over there yet.  That thread is a great place to quickly view all the works of art.  Once everyone is done, it would be nice to post a link to that thread in the PowWow to showcase all the talent here to those that don't frequent the bench.

Thanks,

John
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2899 on: July 23, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
Yeah I gotta get the camera out try to get them to download.  They wouldn't do it the last time I tried.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©