Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 45812 times)

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #3260 on: September 27, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
An awesome bow fujimo! and that pic of your daughter is a hoot!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3261 on: September 27, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
Fujimo, thanks for the clay tip. I wouldn't have thought of that!

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3262 on: September 28, 2012, 12:41:00 AM »
neccessity, or rather, desperation is the mother of invention,i geuss Red!
and thanks Joe- that means a lot.
the string nock grooves are a copy from some of your bows that i have seen on here. i really like it, and will be using them heaps more in the future.
thanks

Offline inksoup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3263 on: September 28, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »
well,

he is received the swap bow that i have build for him. Sep 17, 2012 1:30 PM Delivered WYOMING

cool...

this has happened by your help people.

kellyg,  you can row out one more...
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3264 on: September 29, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
Wow Wayne that one was worth the wait!!! Love the character!!! Sweet tiller.... Great bow!!!

Do you think I like it  :)

John did you right.... That's a sweet shooter!!!
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3265 on: September 29, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
yup Ryan, you are sure right about Johns bow.
my arrows that i had, did not match the bow perfectly- and it still shot really well! :archer:

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3266 on: October 02, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
Ok this part is the part I do not like, I have to ban stonAK he has received a bow but has not shipped one. I have not heard from him even though I sent multiple PMs and emails. I have someone who is willing to send a bow out to replace this frustrating and unfortunate situation.

I still have 3 other that need to ship and have 1 in the mail I think. 2 of them the bows are done they just had to wait for their bowyers to finish and then went out of town and will ship as soon as they get back.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3267 on: October 02, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »
Thats very unfortunate as I'm sure all here would agree.
Despite being a product of the digital age I'm not big on internet communities. Tradgang is different though, Tradgang is really the only place I've found with the type of comradory which allows an event like the bow swap. So many bowyers here are true artists and they send bows out just to receive a bow from a friend often never met in person.
Fortunately that spirit is still strong and its good to hear a member has stepped up to provide another bow and mend any ills here.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3268 on: October 02, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
Well that's unfortunate.

I hope everything is OK with him.  He was a pretty regular poster here on the bench up until this summer, so I find it hard to believe he just participated in our conversations until he received a free bow and then split.

But rules are rules and we all need to play by the same set to make sure this swap runs as it should.

Thanks for all your work on this Kelly   :thumbsup:
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3269 on: October 02, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
Maybe next year when we sign up we can send our primary contact numbers to Kelly or Sticks so they have direct contact numbers for follow up. Hope everything is ok with stonAK.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3270 on: October 03, 2012, 12:29:00 AM »
I have mixed emotions over late or not delivered swap bows, that were due back in July. I prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But this happens every year. And I do not know what the answer is to correct it. If a person can not make a bow in 6 months, then they should not enter into a bow swap  is my opinion. And those who are very late seem not to keep this thread updated.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3271 on: October 03, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
I'm with you Roy...  but it's going to happen with an event this size, even on TG...  you know what's really great ??? there are so many good folks here willing to step in and build a second bow to make up for those who in my opinion failed to keep there word...  blunt but I am afraid true...  Those good folks are what make this place great and they are the caretakers of its integrity...  The trade in my eyes was an absolute success and experience I will always remember.

....  I'll be back

PS... Mike that sweet curve U sent me is going to take a shot at makin meat soon  :)
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3272 on: October 03, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
I will be in the next one I think but I am with Roy...remember the Hova debacle last year?  Seems there is always someone...I would be mad if I was going to use it for bowhunting this year and was waiting for it right now...only a two weeks left of our bow season before the orange army takes over the fields here.
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3273 on: October 03, 2012, 02:49:00 PM »
I have a few question s about the bow swap;

1. How many years has the swap been going on for?

2. How much does the swap increase with first year bow makers each year?

3. Are the problem offenders typically the first timers?

Thanks
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline DavidV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3274 on: October 03, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
Interesting, I'm a first year bow maker and may be interested in doing it in 2013. Does it start in January?

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3275 on: October 03, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »
David, this was my first year in the swap and I highly encourage you doing next years. The sign up starts late December to early January. Early January you receive a name and some specs and have 6 months to build your masterpiece.
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3276 on: October 03, 2012, 06:59:00 PM »
I thought we were forbidden to mention the name "Hova" ever again on the bench.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3277 on: October 03, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
have to agree with Roy for the most part, sometimes there are circumstances that warrant a long delay and I'm sure everyone here is more than tolerant and understanding.

The thing that seems to get most folks' goat is the lack of communication.

This past swap was the 3rd annual and I'm sure it will continue. As far as the "offenders" it's a;ways hard to tell.
 I think we set the new rules this year and did all that can be done to prevent an out right sign up to get a bow and disappear. I truly believe StoneAK had no intentions of things going this way. But he was given more than enough time to contact Kelly or me and did not. So there you have it

Kelly the swap master has spoken and that is that.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3278 on: October 03, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
I hate to commit to this discussion. However, I must admit that 9 months is enough time to give birth to most "babies"!

I understand that unforeseen things sometimes come up. Heck! I've still got a gimpy leg from a little ole surgery from a couple o'weeks ago, myself.

Anyway, thanks, Kelly and Stiks! You've done an outstanding job organizing and supervising the swap. I can't tell you how much this swap has meant to me. Thank you.

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3279 on: October 03, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »
This was my first year in the swap and it has been great for me.  I hope Perry was happy with the bow I sent and I couldn't be happier with what I got from Walt Francis.  Its truely awsome.  As far as the deadline goes I have mixed emotions as well.  Life is unpredictable and I understand that but you also agree to the terms before your put your name in for the swap.  Makes me wonder what happened to stoneAK.  Was he in the swap last year??  I know I've seen his name on TG several times before

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©