Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 45770 times)

Offline inksoup

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #3280 on: October 04, 2012, 07:08:00 AM »
i can b agree with you people about that 6 months will be enough to build a bow.
but there can be exceptions like mine. whenever i started to work on, something came up and stop my working. due to i had to cancel it at the first place. but with kelly and sticks(i think) they decided to give me extended time and you know the rest.
in my opinion, if the bowyer has an acceptable excuse and receiver is accepting it, time can be extended accordingly.
well bowyer can be tricky to that he may saying he is doing but not... so this is he risk that admins have to consider about.

i am still not sure if i am going to join next year. if i will than, i will build take down since we (i) had an experience about shipping a big items. in short i am looking this facility or site as experiencing and experimenting.

take care...

best.
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3281 on: October 04, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »
Ink like has been said above "communication" is key but for someone to receive and not send is in my opinion just plain wrong. Then on top of that ignore any communication attempts!!! Someone here??? I can't recall who for what ever reasons was not able to build for his member and sent the bow he received from his builder but he also communicated his reasons and nobody was left in the dark....

I will be back if it happens next year. I truly enjoyed you folks and building for someone. I got to participate in some rare behavior in today’s world… a bunch of truly giving folks…. Don’t think I’ve had that privilege before…..

Kelly, Stiks Thank you

:thumbsup:      :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3282 on: October 04, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
I'm in the boat where I say enough is enough. More than enough time has been given to build a bow and if it couldn't be done thanpass on what you got and go back to practice.   The rules were set ahead of time and people need to follow them.  If that sounds harsh well then so be it. The lack of communication is unacceptable.  I think sticks and Kelly did a great job trying to prevent this and the new rule was a great addition to the rules, now it's time to stick by the rules IMO.  I say ban who needs it and let's make everything right like all the good people hear do and move on. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but everytime I see this thread it aggravates me knowing how many people worked so hard to finish their bows on time and how there are people still waiting. That's just me venting. I'll be in again next year though as its too muchfun to miss out on.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3283 on: October 04, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
Well said DVS.  I will be in next year regardless.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3284 on: October 04, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
DVS, why not say what what ya really think. LOL I hope I get yor name next year. Just to mess with ya boy:) But I do agree with ya.

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3285 on: October 04, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
This was my first swap as well and it was a lot of fun and a learning experience. It was an incentive for me to build my best bow so far and I received a great bow that I will always treasure. I hope to join in the next swap for the above reasons and because of all the good people here.
I won't comment on stoneAK because I don't know why he dropped off the map. The rules, however, were made clear to everybody before sign-up and they must be followed.
A big thank you to Stiks and Kelly for your hard work.
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline Bone lake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3286 on: October 05, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Well said DVS,Stone was the one who go the bow I made,I put a lot of work into it and it ticks me of that he cannot do his part to make this a complete success. I sent him a pm to send the bow back and I will put it up as a give away, we'll see what happens.There's to many good people on here to let one wreck it all (you to Roy).Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3287 on: October 05, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
As long as Kelly and Stiks are running the swap I will be in year after year.  Took this year off to build some fly rods and I am staying pretty busy doing that...but getting a routine down means more free time in the end and I am now at the point where finding time in a six month period should not be too hard a chore.  Hopefully my last bow is still flinging arrows in Pennsylvania.  Pray boys...I am coming back next year with Raspberry Shock Top and the whole works. heh heh heh.
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3288 on: October 05, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
Great, Kate.   :laughing:

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3289 on: October 07, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Roy I had a dandy 8 pointer under me tonight, to bad I forgot to turn off my work cell. I just need him to move about 5 feet and I would have had a really good shot at him. But a great night still. I hung the stand on Friday, and as I was hanging it I had a doe and two fawns interrupt me. Then this evening I was the first time I hunted it. I seen not only that 8 but a doe and button buck. I think I found a good location. I hope I can draw blood with your bow roy my boy.

Offline ordcorpdw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3290 on: October 07, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
I have read just about every post on the swap threads and I am extremely torn. The caliber of bows built is mind boggling. I am still kicking around the thought of doing it. I know I would have to pull out all the stops but I see how it could help a novice step up his game.....dunno not sure I am ready. Maybe ill just keep admiring.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3291 on: October 07, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by ordcorpdw:
I have read just about every post on the swap threads and I am extremely torn. The caliber of bows built is mind boggling. I am still kicking around the thought of doing it. I know I would have to pull out all the stops but I see how it could help a novice step up his game.....dunno not sure I am ready. Maybe ill just keep admiring.
Just do it, building for someone else will push your quality up and the experience you gain will carry though in your future builds. I'd recommend starting early in case you have any failures. Good luck!

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3292 on: October 08, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »
You will get him, Kelly.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3293 on: October 08, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
Go get um Kelly  :)  I have 8 days at the end of the month to hunt.....  Arrrrrrg it's killing me!!!

ordcorpdw get some wood in your hands now, build some bows and ask for help here. By the time the swap comes around again jump in.

I understand your reluctance but these folks here are the best and it "will" push you to a different level for sure...

Signed first year swap participant   :)  

Kip
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3294 on: October 08, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
ordcorpdw, I entered this year as a first timer with only two shooters under my belt. With the help and encouragement of the people here, I was able to build a bow that I considered to be my best. Enter. You will learn a lot!
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3295 on: October 08, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
One of the slackers ( ;) ) here with an update.

I'm waiting on some leather to arrive to finish up my bow. I thought about sending it off without a wrap but then my recipient has waited this long a couple more days shouldn't make much difference.

I wasn't as happy with this bow as the first two years but Kris suggested I see how it shoots before I opt to do something else. As it turns out it doesn't shoot too bad!

I really put more of my heart and soul into last years bow and the recipient has never been back on TG since. There was alot more to this years problem than that. I quess I'm saying I know how it feels and I'm am sorry for the delay.

Bona
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline ordcorpdw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3296 on: October 08, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
When does it start again? January? Whew big cliff....lets jump.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3297 on: October 08, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
Ordcorpdw,

That is way sticks started this swap. I have not made but 2 shooters and one was for this swap. I put all I could into the bow. And hope for some honest feed back so I can make the next one better.

Offline inksoup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3298 on: October 09, 2012, 07:13:00 AM »
kelly,

can you please send me a pm. it seems like if somebody did not send me a pm, i can not send out a one? strange.

best.
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3299 on: October 12, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
My trade bow...

is in...

the mail! Woot woot!

My recipient can expect it on Wednesday. I would post some pics but I'm having some problems. Imagine that!  :)
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©