Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 45979 times)

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #380 on: January 21, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
Prolly need some pachyderm sinew to get 55# tho!  :laughing:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #381 on: January 21, 2012, 07:53:00 PM »
Man I hope the veneers did not slip too bad because that may be the most beautiful venders I have seen . I went down to the post office today and picked up my glass from Kenny and I was kinda hoping that he messed up my order and gave me 4 of them veneers and not the glass   :goldtooth:  just joking but I can't wait to see pictures or it on my front door step  .
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #382 on: January 21, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »

Think I'll clean up the garage in the morning and start gluing up a bow. Everything has been sitting here looking at me long enough.   :pray:

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #383 on: January 21, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
Looks like you got a plan Perry.

Kenny if you know where to get pachyderm sinew I take some. LOL
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #384 on: January 21, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
Ralph that is looking awesome. Since I already have a carp skin bow You can stay right on track with that beauty.  :bigsmyl:
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #385 on: January 21, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »
Geez everybody is flying.  I haven't even glued my up yet.  But everything is ready to go.  I had to do a little work on my form tonight might get it glued up tomorrow.  Everybody is making some great looking stuff so far.  I know I would be thrilled to death to receive any of them.

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #386 on: January 21, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »
Perry, what are your wood choices? It looks like it is going to be a looker.

Offline H8nonCubs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #387 on: January 21, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »
Bowswap fact: pages with pictures are more fun than those without    :thumbsup:
"I never make the same mistake twice, i make it three or four times. You know just to make sure."

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #388 on: January 21, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
Keenan, well I guess I will have to ship out this bow because it will be too heavy for myself and I would not know what to do with the matching ********** I am also making for the bow. Don't worry as soon as everything  is done I will post some pics of the *********.

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #389 on: January 21, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
Rmorris, my riser is going to be black walnut with a 1/2" of curly maple. On each side of the curly maple will be a strip of black phenolic. I had the Lams laying around from when I bought my equipment. I believe they are red elm, but I may be wrong. The wedges are black walnut and the tips will be black over red phenolic. This will be my first takedown recurve and only my second glass bow. I hope it comes out good.

Offline StoneAK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2012, 11:04:00 PM »
I will be starting my build next week I have a few bows to get out the door before I start this very special project. I have some stock Bocote, Cocobolo, Zebra wood, I may make a nice combo out of this for ***** lol
"He never promised that the cross would not be heavy and the hill wouldn't be hard to climb"
"I don't want to gain the whole world, and lose my soul"

10 Year Active Army Disabled Vet.

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »
Perry,
Well that sounds like an all American bow. Can't wait to see the final product.

Offline Nim-rod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #392 on: January 21, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »
I've been thinking...The name "Nim-Rod" I chose for my log in name is really not a name I am known for here in the real world just one I chose because it was open at the time and ambiguous. So if my builder for the swap puts "To Nim-Rod" It wouldn't mean anything and just confuse those that know me in real life. So I guess I should say that if the person who drew my name is watching please don't sign it to "nim-Rod" and just use my real name, Steve Dahms, or Steve or nothing at all. I try to stay invisible online usually hence the fake name but usually I am indeed just that and don't want to divulge my real name for all to see. This has become a special place in the last couple of years so now I'm thinking of changing my name on here to better reflect who I am but for now it is what it is. Know what I mean? I'm on another bow site with a totally different name there so it confuses even me at times.
Proud to be "regressing"

Offline 1025 vs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #393 on: January 22, 2012, 12:30:00 AM »
I told you all last time about the backing cracking on my trade bow. Got a new one glued up and ready to start whittling on, but haven't actually started working it yet. Had indoor shooting at the Rod and Gun club today and got
plan B bow shot in, something over 250 shots. It looks good in case I need a plan B.    Kelly, I don't have a cell phone or a working digital camera. I probably have a web cam on this thing, but I've just learned how to turn this computer on, never mind anything more challenging. At my age, that's an accomlishment all by itself. Rob
Don't know how I got here and don't know where i'm going, but life is grand.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Nim-rod:
I've been thinking...The name "Nim-Rod" I chose for my log in name is really not a name I am known for here in the real world just one I chose because it was open at the time and ambiguous. So if my builder for the swap puts "To Nim-Rod" It wouldn't mean anything and just confuse those that know me in real life. So I guess I should say that if the person who drew my name is watching please don't sign it to "nim-Rod" and just use my real name, Steve Dahms, or Steve or nothing at all. I try to stay invisible online usually hence the fake name but usually I am indeed just that and don't want to divulge my real name for all to see. This has become a special place in the last couple of years so now I'm thinking of changing my name on here to better reflect who I am but for now it is what it is. Know what I mean? I'm on another bow site with a totally different name there so it confuses even me at times.
My name is forrest gump. People call me forrest gump.
   :biglaugh:
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2012, 01:09:00 AM »
1025 vs just asking and brain storming. Well when you get it close to shipping if you can find some one with a digital camera to take pics for you. Then shoot them to my email and I will post them for you.

If you can't it is ok. There will be a lot that we want see until they are received.

Offline Dmaxshawn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #396 on: January 22, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
My swap bow is out of the oven.  I sure hope it makes weight.  Cocobolo, Black and white ebony with alternating accent strips.   Bamboo cores and .030 red glass accent strip with Black and white ebony veneers.   I think its going to be to light in weight but only time will tell.   Sorry for bad lighting in the pics.  

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #397 on: January 22, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
Shawn, that is an amazing looking bow!I am sure if it comes out a little light you will be able to find it a nice home real quick.

Offline H8nonCubs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #398 on: January 22, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
Those veneers look great even with the lighting. I think we all have a bit of a handicap when it comes to the photos being were not professional photographers, just point snap and hope for the best   ;)  

Dont forget Daisy Dave
"I never make the same mistake twice, i make it three or four times. You know just to make sure."

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #399 on: January 22, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
Shawn, thats gonna be a knockout!!

Mine.....  :help:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©