Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)  (Read 46137 times)

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2012 (pics and post)
« Reply #520 on: January 26, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
I need to finish my trade bow so Pat can ship that bow to me    :thumbsup:

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #521 on: January 26, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
Its a good thing I've got til June.  Got it out of the form tonight and it went straight in the damn fire.  After checking and checking and checking to make sure everything was lined up it shifted sometime lastnight after I went to bed and one limb came out twisted.  I've built several out of this form and have never had that problem.  So.....lets start all over.  Sucks that I wasted the boo, ipe core and osage belly.  I managed to salvage some of the osage.  I had to wait til I calmed down so I could type with out haveing to put all the #$%@!'s in it cause there was A LOT of em..lololol anyway on to the next one.  I love the work everybody is doing.  Amazing stuff

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #522 on: January 26, 2012, 10:43:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that D. Good luck with the next try.

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #523 on: January 26, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
Thank ya SportHunter I appreciate it.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #524 on: January 26, 2012, 11:09:00 PM »
Kris I'll give you $5 to see that...but I'll bet $10 that it will never happen.  d;^)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #525 on: January 27, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
Sweet looking bunch of bows guys!!  Great work I hope I can get after mine soon!! Just had my house tented and fumigated for termites. Now that it's done I can focus on my trade bow.
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #526 on: January 27, 2012, 12:12:00 AM »
I hope you put your staves in the house while it was tented. Those darn flat heads will eat a stave in no time.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline WestTexan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #527 on: January 27, 2012, 12:34:00 AM »
Some really nice bows....I got to work on mine a few hours Sunday night and hope to get to work on it a lot more after next weeks big shut down at work....been building a ton of 24 and 20 inch pipe fab the last 4 months  and I'll be glad when it's over with.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #528 on: January 27, 2012, 06:45:00 AM »
i have refrained from posting thus far, but have been workin on my trade bow.  it is a hickory self bow. the stave was harvested in august, bark removed and roughed out to profile and slightly floor tillered at the time of harvest. sealed  the back and ends with shellac and stored under my bed until earlier this month.i now have it floor tillered pretty good and i think its ready for the long string. i gotta say, hickory is some tough,tough wood. i talked to pat earlier this week, he gave me some good advice on working this bow. the one thing thats has got me under pressure is how you guys build your bows so dang fast   :banghead:
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline Nim-rod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #529 on: January 27, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »
I love working with Hickory because it is so strong and forgiving. The only thing I hate is the string follow I get with it even when nice and dry. The good thing is it takes heat treating very well and flipping the tips counter acts the string follow. As far as speed of build goes I work for myself and have the ability to work on it when I take a break so 15 minutes here and there adds up fast. Having my weld shop and bow shop all in one sure helps!
Proud to be "regressing"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #530 on: January 27, 2012, 07:46:00 AM »
Somebody is going to have a long tube on their front porch when they get home from work today! What a way to start a new weekend eh?!?!?!?!?!

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #531 on: January 27, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »
Awesome pearl. The first bow of the swap!
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #532 on: January 27, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »
Its KILLING me David! Im so nervous about it holding together. I shouldnt be because I know I build good bows and I know this one was shot many, mnay times over before shipping. But still........its wood and it makes me nervous. I couldnt do this for a living even if I could make enough money.....I would stroke out the first year!

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #533 on: January 27, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
Just think, that bow os good for say "x" number of shot and when you put all those shots with it you were stealing from the total number of spl. (shots per life). Haha.  I think everybow, espicialy wood bow have a life span. The bow gods only give em so many shots. It may be one it may be a million.    :campfire:    :archer2:
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Nim-rod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #534 on: January 27, 2012, 09:59:00 AM »
And that is why I need to have at least 20 bows. My redundant back-up plan I call it. Hmmmm.....maybe another 20 on top of that JUUUUST to be certain :-)
Proud to be "regressing"

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #535 on: January 27, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
Pearl, don't worry I am out of school today so I will just do my shooting in the front yard and wait for my new bow to arrive   :)
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #536 on: January 27, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »
Good job Chris, I am sure whoever gets it will be pleased.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #537 on: January 27, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
Pat if those bugs were in the staves they are dead now    :)    The dry Central Coast of California is a termite hot bed. I do this about every five of six years. If you lay a stave directly on the ground it would be infested in a year!!!
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #538 on: January 27, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
Pat I'd be payin up 10 bucks for sure, I got a funny look when I told her what I posted LOL

Pearl I know !$!@#$ is gonna lay a golden egg when he gets home today    :D  Mines ready to go in the mail but I think I am gonna whip up a few primitive arrows for it.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline BrushWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #539 on: January 27, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
Well here's what I've got so far. The riser is walnut and cherry with maple accent stipes. The limb veneers are cherry. Now I'm waiting on glass....

Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©