Author Topic: FIRST ANNUAL SCAVENGER BOW CHALLENGE SIGNUP THREAD  (Read 2705 times)

Offline k-hat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: FIRST ANNUAL SCAVENGER BOW CHALLENGE SIGNUP THREAD
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »
I'm in, but in limbo.  Got 3 other projects with precedence.  I'm gonna have to reglue my splice then continue.  I'm hoping to have it finished in time!
Kevin

"he hath bent his bow, and made it ready . . .his arrow shall go forth as the lightning" - Psalm 7:12, Zech. 9:14

Offline psychmonky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
Since my maple floor boards fell through, I am going to have to start something else...Hickory wheelbarrow handle from Lowe's. It'll be unlaminated. Gonna chase a ring and make it a 60" self bow.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline psychmonky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »
Here it is after taking it down to my desired ring. now on to lay out and then try to heat some of the prop twist out of one limb.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
Haven't posted in here since I decided I was somehow going to find a legitimate piece of wood and excitedly joined the challenge. Turns out bow wood is alot more easily come across in the woods than the city. Unless I can make a bow out of chipboard furniture I don;t know what to do.

Then the other day I found myself refinishing an old oar for decoration ... once I got the paint stripped I realized it was a piece of almost prefectly straight (white?) oak. Unfotunately it was salvaged from my grandparents house and I cant part with it. Not to mention a little (read "a ton of") linseed oil made this thing look fanstastic.

Still looking for something .... meanwhile time is ticking. Hope I can pull something together.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©