3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: **** 2008 Hunt Challenge****  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
**** 2008 Hunt Challenge****
« on: February 22, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »
Thanks to Stone Knife....I remembered to re-post this this year..........

No, this aint a contest, its a request.....

If any of you haven't been on a group hunt with a gang of trad bowhunters you should really make an effort to do so.

If you've been 'thinking about it', 'talking about it', and been 'gettin ready to get ready', don't let another year pass you by.  Get on with it, and get on one of these group hunts.  Most of these are not very expensive, but will be worth more to you than you'll ever know.  The memories will be there when the money is long forgotten.

There's the Wensel's Cabin Fever hunts, Texas Sweat, Shawn's bunny hunt, and a few more I can't think of right now.  There's even going to be a TX deer hunt posted on Trad Gang that will take place at the end of this year. Those that have been on these type hunts will tell ya, they are some of the most fun hunts ever.

If you're sittin on the fence and got broad band, take 5 minutes to down load the little clip below.  It might just give you a hint of what you're missing.  Thanks to Kevin Smith for allowing Trad Gang to use one of my favorite songs he wrote.

Click here to see what you are missing.....
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: **** 2008 Hunt Challenge****
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »
Yep I remembered it, and better yet taking part in it has been a good experience for me and my family.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »
Shawns bunny hunt was just an AWESOME, AWESOME time spent with fellow Tradgangers!!!  :campfire:
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 08:09:00 AM »
Thats pretty cool.
Terry let me know if yall have anything going on in GAWGIA, i will be sure to come.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »
Da Jersey Boyz did a Winter Bow hunt/get together, We are planning a Fall Bow hunt/ get together as well....

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »
DA MICHIGAN guys got dis down pat. now,,LOL,,   :thumbsup:

we got da buny huntin, deer huntin,,we all wish we had them hogs but we ok without'em
TGMM

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »
You know it J!!  Buck Jam 2008 is going to be a riot!!  Man I can't wait already!!
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
We had a few group hunts in VA this year, Good people, Good times. Looking to do a few more this year!

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »
Michigan trad guys are great, I havent met one I didnt like.... Ive been to three bunny stomps and had a blast each time, met new people each time and made some good friends.
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »
Midwesterners (or you foreigners from Germany or even New Jersey) please come to the   Southern Indiana Bowhunt.  

It ain't fancy and a lot of folks come as they are but it is fun.  This year we are leaving all Saturday afternoon for socializing, eating, and making stuff.  Mostly BS.  Cheap camping, reasonable tags, and a decent chance at killing something.  Plus some of the best country Indiana has to offer.

Last year I met alot of nice folks.  One of which spent a couple hours at my place making bows a weekend or two ago.  Tomorrow I am cutting some osage with him and a few other folks met through Tradgang or the ***********.

Don't miss out on this or a similar gathering.

Thanks Terry and all the folks that make Tradgang possible.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
I have to agree that tradgangers and their get toegthers are awesome. Last years JLMBH is responsible for starting me on my trad journey. Hard to believe I hunted so long without it now. It changed my life, the way I hunt, and my group of friends has expanded ten-fold. Like Terry said, dont think about it, do it. You will not regret it oe bit.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 10:52:00 AM »
We always have the Great Pennsylvania Squirrel Hunt, the first Sunday in January.  The squirrels are always amused, and we have a great time.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
I started out the year with the Jersey crew. We even had some NY guys along.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
Started with the bunny hunt, definately doing the Jersey deer hunt this fall and a pig hunt in 6 weeks.And if this includes 3D shoots I shoot with them all summer at NEBA shoots .And then theres the Muzzy shoot.Never met a TGer with a ba d attitude.I guess it cuz shooting stickbows is a stress reliever.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »
Jerry's right...4 of us Trad Members bowhunt deer together...in 3 states aka "Tri State Terrors".

We hooked up with the Stiff Rod (Bentpole) and the Jersey Boys in January and had a great time chasing whitetails around. Now that we have 1 season under our belts, next Jan should be more productive.

Shawns Bunny Hunt is a classic...a bunch of TG'ers hunting hard and having a fun weekend. Its a good way to put a face on the Avitar or handle.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
Hey Jerry the guy third in from the left in your picture ......seems I've seen him before....like in the mirror. He never seems to get any better looking.LOL

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
I went on a great Ontario bear hunt with a bunch of Trad Gangers last fall that was set up by LeRoy Carlson - THANKS LEROY.  If any of you guys (and gals) get a chance I would recommend signing on for a hunt.  Rick

Oh Yeah - Anyone doing Newfoundland (moose and caribou, maybe bear if time allows) in the next year or two?

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
Went to SEMO Hog Hunt last year..It was a LONG drive from nebraska, I didnt see any hogs, BUT Enjoyed every minute of it..great food, great guys and its hard to beat discovering new territory..I hope to do another tradgang hunt again SOON

P.S. It also started my addiction of aerial target shooting what a blast!

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
maaaaaaaaaaaaaan I wanna start a group hog hunt for the tradganngers in central california area!!
it would be soooooooooooooooooooooo awsome!!!

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
I am planning to host a hunt here in IL sometime in late October or early November for some tradgangers. I'll post more details when I have it all worked out, hopefully there's some of you who will want to come!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©