Author Topic: Planning for a first recurve build - question  (Read 237 times)

Offline EHK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Planning for a first recurve build - question
« on: February 10, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
First let me say that I am in awe of some of the bows I see guys building here.  There is really a group of overwhelmingly talented people hanging around here.  

I've been pondering attempting to build a recurve for some time, and I think I'm ready to take the next step.  I'm pretty much sold on using Bingham's - just seems like the "easy" way to get started.  Right now, I'm only looking to purchase the instructional DVD so I can get a feel for the build process, required tools, etc.  Would you guys recommend starting out with a one piece vs. a T/D?  Does either style present challenges that that other does not?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Planning for a first recurve build - question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »
The 1 pc strait longbow is prob the easiest, then for recurves, I think the one pc edges out the TD because of mounting limbs and alignment.

Just make sure your form is strait and flat and the form face is real square with the side. The router method shines there.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Planning for a first recurve build - question
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
I have to agree with Kenny, the one pc will probably prove a bit easier the first time or two.  The third or fourth can be a takedown, and yes there will be a third, fourth, and so on.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©