Author Topic: LongBow pattern Dimensions  (Read 330 times)

Offline RAU

• Trad Bowhunter
LongBow pattern Dimensions
« on: February 16, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
Hi guys. Im looking to build a new longbow. i want it to be a really mild reflex/deflex that looks like a hill style bow when strung (the kind of bow Mr Distafano started a powow thread about recently). Could any of you guys point me in the right directions for a pattern or even just list dimensions for widths and legnths. Im pretty sure i know the lamination stack i want to use so im not too worried about the thickness, nor am I worried about the radii for the reflex/deflex as  I have access to cad so i can draw and print that part for my form pattern Im just looking for the width and legnth measurements. Im looking for a bow about 64-66" NtN so the measurements im looking for are placement of shelf in relation to center, lowpoint of grip in relation to center, width of limbs from fade to midlimb and width at nocks fadeout to fadeout legnth of riser, fadeout legnth, and any other you guys can think of i missed. The only glass bows ive built were perfectly straight longbows ising a straight 2 x 8 for a form.
THANKS,
Don

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©