Author Topic: BBI?  (Read 239 times)

Offline Don Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
BBI?
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
I finished a BBI a few days ago. I started at 68" with reflex and it came out fairly good. I tillered the bow from fades to reflex and then narrowed the reflex to tips,till I had a D shaped tiller. Didn't mean to come out with a D shape but it shoots good and is 49@28". It shows some reflex when unstrung but a D when strung. I put a 14" power lam in the bow and my fades ended at 12" or 2" before the end of the power lam. Now my question, after rambling. I want to make an idenical bow but instead of finishing at 66" nock to nock, I want to finish at 62". Could I make a 12" power lam and fade to fade 8" and make this work. Thanks, Don

Offline Living_waters

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BBI?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 06:30:00 AM »
Don just shooting from the hip here, some one else may see this a little better then I am. If you have a reflexed profile and when you string it it goes directly to a D tiller, sounds like the outer portion of the limbs are weaker. I am not meaning it is not shootable just tillered so that the outer portion is taking all the stress. How do I know this? LOL I have a tendency to over work the outer portion of a reflexed bow, very easy to do and it will bleed LBs like you hit its Carotid artery.

Now to answer the simple part of your question, in theory shortening the non working area by 4 inches still leaves you with the same working area of limb. Non working area is in this case not an issue unless you shorten the working area of the bow by more than you shorten the non working area. Dang thats like talking from a merry go round, lol. Hope that makes sense.

You might (bite my tongue) post a full draw, unstrung and a braced pic and let some on here see if I am right about my hunch on the tiller. It helped my understanding of how to work the limbs of a relexed bow and helped me make a better shooter.
"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'” Jesus

Offline Don Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
The bow is the best,by far,of the 30 or so selfbows and 8 glass bows I've made. I will try to copy this bow,except the length if possible. It kind of reminds me of the longwalker I had. Chucks bows have reflex and a D shape when strung. His bows are great performers also. Don

Offline vanillabear?

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©