3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New TBM  (Read 873 times)

Offline elk ninja

• Trad Bowhunter
New TBM
« on: February 24, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »
Since I live right where Traditional Bowhunter is published, I think I may get my copy before a lot of others.  The new issue is GREAT.  Good article by G Fred Asbell about heavy arrows.  Love that guy.  My favorite article though, is about a solo kayak hunt in Alaska for bear.  My kind of adventure right there!  I loved the article too, because I am just starting my first wooden boat, a stitch-and-glue ultralight canoe.  So, even though I can't access a super clean and unhunted area like Scott J. Leslie did in the article, it got me pumped to finish the canoe for next fall, I always see some mulies on the OTHER side of the reservoir.
Mike
>>>--Semper-Fi--->

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New TBM
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
Recieved the new issue in the mail a few days ago. But apparently my beagle liked that particular issue as well because he mangled it  before I even had time to get past the letters pages.

Looks like I'll be picking up another copy when it reaches the newsstands.

:bigsmyl:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
Mike...yeah, we tend to get our copy here early as well!   Forgot to mention too, a couple great articles by fellow tradgangers, Curt (Guru), and another by Claudia (pinecone).  

I'm saving my reading for my trip to the UBI this week...see you Illinoise guys soon!
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
TBM has landed in Pa...........Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »
Hasn't made it to NY yet.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 02:29:00 PM »
Does anyone now how to get a subscription to this magazine?

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 02:35:00 PM »
Here is their web site  www.tradbow.com

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »
I like the article " on the Noatak Butte" about the caribou, I did notice he was 3 lbs. over 50, so he had a 53 lb. bow, and caribou are about the same size as Elk !  Looks like he did all right.  Even though he only had 125 gr.  Broadhead.  The best part of the article, was in describing how he frantically was looking for his bow.

Pastor Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »
Yeah that Kayak article was right up my imagination alley too.  I had to read it first and I'll save the rest for the next week or two.  Wish it came out every month.

Offline lilbobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
It will be another week before I get mine in Louisiana.
Conny

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
and 2 weeks before I get mine.
Otto

Offline leftyfred

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
My postman said he would drop it off later in the month, he was thinking about the new Tulipwood bow review.  I told him no hurry.  LF

Offline coconutdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
I got mine yesterday, good article by G.Fred.
Someday you'll regret the things you didn't do.
Michigan Bowhunters  (life member)
Michigan Longbow Assc.
NRA  (life member)

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
Pastor Carl -- caribou are nowhere near as big as elk, and they die a whole lot easier. It's getting to where they live, and finding a few that's the hard part!

Offline Plumbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 08:52:00 PM »
Scott J. Leslie is insane! I really enjoyed the article though.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »
I guess it would be a lot of fun hunting caribou, because it would be the more of a challenge, actually " hunting ", I don't care for the tree stand thing, although I do use a tree stand.  I am looking forward to hunting bears this year.  I think I will try and do it from the ground.  To make it more challenging, of course with my new "Whip".  Can wait until it gets here.  I would like To hunt elk in Colorado.  But I would not want to do it alone, and I could not afford to go on a guided hunt.

And I would not disappoint me, oh I suppose it would a little, if I went, and did not get an elk, just to be in the same area they are, and see them would be enough for the first time, I have sat and watched them, on domestic farms here.
It is nowhere near the same thing.

My biggest problem, would be hauling the elk out if I got one.  And I probably would go for a cow, because I would have nowhere to put the sizable antlers.

So for right now the TBM, will have to do, with all the stories that are great.

Pastor Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Ron Bushong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 08:35:00 AM »
I agree.  Another great issue.  All great articles, but I too especially enjoyed the article by Scott Leslie.  He is a friend who left Michigan a number of years ago to work and live his dream in Alaska.  He recently came back to Michigan for a visit and was able to attend the Trad Expo in Kalamazoo with our group last month.  He told many stories of his adventures during the two days at the expo and while enjoying great pizza and cold beverages at Godfather's on Friday night.  He has apparently settled into a dream job - working for the US Forest Service - Prince of Wales Island.  He's a great guy - highly educated, an excellent hunter, and obviously an excellent writer as well.  He's got more guts than I have, that's for sure.  His pics in TBM don't show much detail of his kayak, but after looking at details visible in other photos that I've seen, I'd call him a master boat builder as well.  It was great to see him again.  He's got volumes of stories to tell.  I hope to read more about his adventures in future issues of TBM - by far the best magazine on the market.

Offline jerrod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 08:43:00 AM »
Is it available at newstands yet in PA?
John 3:16

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »
What was the bow review in this issue? Flint

Offline Matt D.