Author Topic: Another hickory flatbow  (Read 545 times)

Offline k-hat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another hickory flatbow
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 12:15:00 PM »
Those are nice.  I almost worked out a similar trade with a swordsmith apprentice, but they got a huge order from the local reenactment guild (go figure), and had to back out before we really got anywhere   :(

I'd like to see the sword too when the trade is done!
Kevin

"he hath bent his bow, and made it ready . . .his arrow shall go forth as the lightning" - Psalm 7:12, Zech. 9:14

Offline Igor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
Like that one!

><>
Glenn
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all your ways submit to him and he will direct your paths

Offline briarjumper12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 07:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by JGL:
briarjumper12 was just wondering how wide your handle is I'm working on one very similar and don't know how thin to go
The gentleman I was building it for said he liked fat grip.  So what I done was this...After getting the profile cut out with grip still full width of the bow I knocked the corners off some with a Nicholson 49.  Then I took a flexible rasp (old peice of a belt off a belt sander) and shoe shined real nice and rounded.  I left the back untouched for about 1/4 inch rigth down the middle.  It makes for a very comfortable grip.  One of my personal bows is done the same way.
Hope this helps.

PS.  If you bow is too wide to do this, just narrow the grip portion to you liking and then do it.  It works the same way just more narrow than the full width of the bow.
Blessed be the Lord my strength; which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©