3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: JD Berry Recurve  (Read 361 times)

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
JD Berry Recurve
« on: February 24, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
Anyone shot one or know anything about it?

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: JD Berry Recurve
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »
theres a recurve!?!?

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
I know the brothers use to make them years ago, I don't know about now. Never heard good/bad, but if they are like the LB I would say they shoot very good.

Alan

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »
Yep.  My hunting partner owns the one posted on the Berry website.  It is super smooth, quiet, and fast with B-50.  60@28 but feels at least five pounds lighter than it is.  Great bow.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline mikecc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 12:19:00 AM »
There's one hanging up at the local archery shop. I'm impressed with his longbows as the shop owner has several for sale and they look great. But... the t/d recurve on display looked a little rough around the edges. Honestly it looked like a first attempt by a novice, I couldn't believe it was a JD Berry bow but it had his name right on it.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 12:55:00 AM »
The recurves Berry is selling are one piece.  He has messed around making some three piece longbows and recurves.  I'm going to guess the bow mikecc saw was one of these.  If the riser looked like just a squared off piece of shaped wood, its one of these "experiments".  

We have one here that is a three piece longbow.  Riser looks like a block of walnut with a shaped handle.  Once you shoot the thing though, the looks don't matter so much anymore. Mighty fine bow.  I'd like to see James go forward with the design as it would make one sweet shooter.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline mikecc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »
That's exactly what it was, just a block of wood with a grip roughed in.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
I just saw pics of a new one and it was flawless looking, not blocky at all. One of the best looking bows I've ever seen.
N/A

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »
Just to clarify, the recurve James is making is not blocky.  It is a beauty with arrow inlay through the riser and all the good stuff.  The blocky looking bows were some test bows James made while trying out some designs.  The initial thought on the blocky bows was that they would be spray painted camo and be a cheap(er) take down hunting bow.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »

Couple pics of the newest one I've seen. Great looking bow!
N/A

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©