Author Topic: A little Knotty  (Read 338 times)

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
A little Knotty
« on: June 20, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
I love it when good friends are able to lend me some great looking staves. (thanks if you are reading this and it was you)  Life has kept me busy for the past few months and just today I got to go outside and scrape on some beautiful yellow gold.  Looking for a good growth ring on this guy is going to be exciting.  I think I have my next couple of nights planned out if I can keep the "honeydo" list down to a minimum    :pray:

He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A little Knotty
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »
I guess it's ok Goose:) The clamp is really cool too.

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »
I can only thank my good friend for letting me "test drive" his new creation.  Not my handiwork because Lord knows you don't want me near an arc-welder.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Offline 1025 vs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »
Maybe not an arc welder, but you can work on some pretty funky sticks and make them beautiful.
Don't know how I got here and don't know where i'm going, but life is grand.

Offline Diamondback59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 12:39:00 AM »
hey goos that a nice bow clamp he made ya haha that stick will be cool  ya ready for mojam ? i am  brock
yep im a bowaholic,, elkaholic !!!

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
Here it is drawn out and cut.  I'm adding something special over the next couple of weeks to this.  We will see if it turns out but I got the idea from DVS and his tradebow he did a year ago.

Offline longbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »
Looking good goose.

Offline blacktailchaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
blessings to you on that one...that will be fun tillering and all ready looks cool...john

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
Looks good goose. The special touch works good. I just revealed one a few days ago and it looks great.hopefully I will have some pics up soon.can't wait to see yours done good luck!
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 08:32:00 AM »
Goose, some thing about those character staves appeals to me too. LOL. Jawge

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »
So here is the process so far.  I just cut out the stave next to it for comparison.  

***NOTE***
Don't use painters tape with words on it.  

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©