3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: GT's cracking at nock  (Read 683 times)

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: GT's cracking at nock
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »
I going to check and see if the CE rings will fit on the GT shafts. The CE shafts that I have all have them and it looks like a good idea and might be worth adding.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »
I have seem this occur with other carbons besides GTs (Cabelas). These stress breaks were not caused by impact. I was told by an arrow maker that some company(ies) are now coming out with a "band" you place over the nock end to prevent this.  I would not have noticed except for the dipping.  I wonder if it is more prevalent than we realize as wraps and no-dips would stay fairly hidden unless you made a close inspection.

Makes me wonder. . .
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline just a bit outside

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »
I used to use the easton nocks in mine and I had a hell of a problem with the popping out for no reason. I switched to the gold tip nocks and now I'm doing a lot better. The certainly fit a bit more snug and I don't ever get cracks, even when stump shooting at live trees (yes that would be a miss!!). The only time I have trouble with cracking the shaft or nock is when JL shoots at them!!! He is bad about that.

Greg
We should have shotguns for this kind of deal.

Jeff Carter Southern Draw 64" Hybrid LB 43@28/48@28
Zipper SXT Recurve/LB 58" 47@27

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »
We use to do a lot of stump shooting using the Gold Tips. One friend always used the Easton system because he liked their nocks. He experienced some cracks on the nocks ends when he hit rocks etc., those of us who shot the GT nock, never had the problem.
John

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©