Author Topic: Omega Bow Question  (Read 283 times)

Offline kybowhunter2

• Trad Bowhunter
Omega Bow Question
« on: July 29, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »
I looked the omega longbows. I want a td longbow and this guy has one that you can buy that is un- finished for a great price. Have any of you guys bought these bows. What do you think about them. I want to start makin bows and I thought this would kinda give me some practice if I bought a unfinshed and do it myself. This is a great site and thanks to all that have replied to my recent posts. Thanks.

Offline jonathan creason

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Omega Bow Question
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
The performance is great.  Kegan makes one fast bow. I got the U- finish takedown too, and it's a great value. I wasn't crazy about the grip, but I'm working on that.

Offline bowhuntingrn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
I bought a ufinish one piece from him and love it. I don't think you'll find a bow that will out perform it at that price (granted my experience is limited compared to many here). If you just want an inexpensive project and aren't as worried about performance, I would recommend checking out Rudderbows. They have all types of kits from the basic ufinish  to staves and everything in between.
"The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest"

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 02:13:00 AM »
I love my omega, the performance is amazing at the price.  clearly faster then any other hybrid I have owned or shot and it might even be faster then my titan recurve with 50# dryad epics. and shoots right where im looking. Kegan is great to deal with as well.  Thinking about getting another one eventually.
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 02:15:00 AM »
forgot, one thing I dont like is his new grip he uses,  the grip he used on his grey wolf series was much nicer IMO.  I reshaped it and it feels much better but I need to do a littl emore work on it before its perfect.
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Drewster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
I recently got Kegan to build me a 66", 47# @ 30" and as others have mentioned, it is FAST.  I didn't like the finish so I sanded it down and have just about completed the finish.  Its not a fancy bow, but shoots well and hits hard for a good price.  I wasn't completely happy with the grip shape either, but refinishing the bow gave me the opportunity to reshape the grip as well.  Can't wait to start shooting it again in a day or two.
Carolina Traditional Archers
North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Offline longrifle346

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
I bought my Omega unfinished from Kegan as well so that I could tailor the grip slightly and use a different stain. You won't find a smoother drawing, better shooting, or faster bow at any comparable poundage. I have several bows now, one at 4+ times the cost of my Omega and 5# heavier. You'd have to chrono them to tell the difference in speed and I still spend the majority of my  shooting time with my Omega.
If you find yourself in a fair fight? Your tactics suck!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©