Author Topic: Bingham kit question  (Read 225 times)

Offline Hill Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Bingham kit question
« on: August 31, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
I have received my  62" hybrid long bow kit, I am starting on the press and have a question, I assume Bingham will be closed until Tuesday so maybe someone here can help.
in the video it show putting a tapered lamination under the Formica strip on the press. in my kit I have the Formica strip for the press, the pressure strip (both labeled) and a stack taped together in what looks like the order it would go, black glass top and bottom and 4 wood lamination, one of which is tapered a lot. my question is, does this tapered lam go in the bow, or it that the strip that the video says to glue to the press?
Ps 8:3 ¶ When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Offline CardboardDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bingham kit question
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 08:05:00 AM »
The DVD and instructions they send are for a regular longbow, that press requires the taper in the press. I have the same kit and the taper goes in the bow. The formica strip is the only thing that goes on the press.

If I remember right the process is glass > parallel > parallel > parallel > riser > taper > glass

Offline Hill Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Thank you, that is the order they are in.
spent a couple of weekends so far "fixin to" build a  bow, it seems that is a bigger job than the bow is going to be.
Ps 8:3 ¶ When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Offline Werewolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
ive got kinda the same problem.....but my lams were shipped in order but one taper is up the other down....which is it?

Offline Werewolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
oops...ive got a different kit mined the take down......sorry mute question here

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©