Author Topic: New Video Adrienne shooting her bow...Adriennes Hunger games Bow... sort of???  (Read 486 times)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Packed up My bow and Adriennes and went to the range to meet her and her dad. Keep in mind she is eleven and standing next to me at six feet plus!!! I think we have a warrior princess in the making. She is a very disiplined young lady and after a little bit of instruction this is the result..... No A.D.D. here  :)

=========================================================

One of my coworkers daughter Adrienne saw the Hunger Games movie and started bugging her parents for a bow. They bought an inexpensive glass bow at the sporting goods store and she has really gone after it. I like to build bows but a person can only shoot so many so I give to give them to people that show an interest. Anyway here is Adrienne's bow. It's Osage 56" Nock to Nock 19/20@25....  to play it safe the bow will tolerate 27"s of draw and I backed it with rawhide before I put the skins on. It's most likely over kill but it's a kids bow and I don't want any problems. I made groves for a stringer so the skin might hold up better. It's finished with truoil then spar for more durability. The little bow actually shoots with some authority and it the same weight as her little glass bow. When I get some arrows for her and give her the bow I'll post somemore pics....  Hope she likes it.......  Thank for lookin ...

Oh yea I put some nice Copperheads on it to doll it up some.....      :)    

Video....  click the picture

Slideshow with more pictures....  just click the link

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/coaster500/Adriennes%20Hunger%20game%20TG%20size/?albumview=slideshow  

The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
Great Job Kip!
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Ralph those tips came from a gift box some nice guy sent me   :)  

Thanks buddy!!!

The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
I was told I needed to put a Mocking Jay on the bow but as much as I shake this is what I ended up with....  I don't know I may sand it off???

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Great job, I like the mocking jay.
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
Great stuff Kip!  Very nice
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
very nice indeed   :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Very nice Kip, she'll love it.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nice Kip

Offline scottm

• Trad Bowhunter
Cool!

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
That is one sweet little outfit.
You should talk her and her dad into attending the Chamberlin Ranch shoot next year. She'll be the envy of all the men there.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Mocking Jay is cool leave it!

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank you ....  ok I'll leave the Mocking Jay  :)

Guy, Adrienne's dad and I end up working weekends so it's hard for us to pull off Chamberlin Ranch. Maybe we can figure something out. I've never been and would really like to go  :)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Trad Bowhunter
I say great job.....looks good.  Like the skins a lot.  Leave the Mocking Jay on...looks fine.
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive Council Member.

James V. Bailey II

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by coaster500:
Guy, Adrienne's dad and I end up working weekends so it's hard for us to pull off Chamberlin Ranch. Maybe we can figure something out. I've never been and would really like to go   :)  
I hope you get to attend, Kip. I feel that the Chamberlin Ranch shoot is California's best traditional only shoot.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
Very nice bow, coaster! Impressive artwork as well.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
Beautiul work Kip, I'm sure she will love it.....Dan

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank you....  I am meeting them at our local range Sunday morning to give it to her...  I'll take some pics and post them maybe a video if it's alright with her dad ???

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I also like the mocking jay and think you should leave it on the bow. Very nice of you, lucky gal.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline RecurveRookie

• Trad Bowhunter
Beautiful! Nice work.
Maddog Mountaineer 57# and Prairie Predator 52# Wow!, Samick Sage 35 - 60#,  I'm learning.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©