Author Topic: Need info on strings  (Read 243 times)

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
Need info on strings
« on: September 12, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
Hi I have my grandson bow has a broken string, it is a compound bow and required a 93 inch string for a single cam ALpine compound bow, the bow is 50 to 60 lb peak weight.

My question is how many stands of FF is the right one for a peak weight setup of 60 lbs, they show a 93 inch string with 16 strands, also 18 strands and one string with a full 24 strands...can someone tell me what is the right one to order ????
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need info on strings
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »
Did you try counting the strands in the broken string and replace it with the same count string?
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 02:57:00 AM »
If you could check with the manufacturer or the pro-shop that carries that brand of bow it might be better than counting the strands on the broken string. The bow might have had the wrong string and that is why it broke.
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline hunterr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 02:33:00 AM »
I would use 24 strands of Fast Flyte or 24 strands of Brownell's Excell. I would also use a .022 diamondback center serving and .018 crown serving for the eyes.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©