Author Topic: flemish string ?  (Read 295 times)

Offline ericmerg

• Trad Bowhunter
flemish string ?
« on: September 14, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
so it seems when i make a string it twists up to the loop and makes it hard to unstring due to the twist of the string keep twisting and making the loops too small, how do i fix this so the loops dont twist?
any animal you see posted that i say i personally harvested was eaten

" if you have to question if your bow will work you dont have enough bow"

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: flemish string ?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »
Sounds like you are twisting the string too much after it is finished, if I understand what you are saying. I think the normal twist is something like 3 twists per inch along the length of the string.

Maybe this will help.

https://www.rmsgear.com/store/pc/tutorial_string_2bundle.asp

Offline ericmerg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
i think i may have a cableing issue would that create that too?
any animal you see posted that i say i personally harvested was eaten

" if you have to question if your bow will work you dont have enough bow"

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »
Possibly you do, and yes it would, Eric. After you form your first loop and continue to twist till the tag ends are wrapped into the body of the string, place a clamp on the string where the tag ends run out. Place the loop over something sturdy and stretch the hell out of those two bundles out tight, run your hand up and down the full length of each bundle with pressure, makes them warm and pliable. Then while still holding them tight, separately twist each one of those two bundles counter clockwise from the direction you will twist them up after the second loop is formed, while keeping them separated, that means you would twist them clockwise. I would put about 20 clockwise twists in each bundle. Then as you finish twisting the string up after your second loop is formed, those 20 clockwise twists you put in each bundle should be gone, leaving you with the bundles laying pretty straight. Read the link I sent again, it's the same one I sent you a week or so ago in your other string thread. Hang in there Eric, it will all come together with the more stings you build. My first few strings looked like a first grader made them:)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©