Author Topic: Could be your last Bow.. IF YA DON'T  (Read 854 times)

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Could be your last Bow.. IF YA DON'T
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
Dan, my friend said it sounded as if the kid slid straight down the tree. I guess it was a "controlled" fall. I would have been huggin' the tree for all I was worth!

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
I remember hugging a tree on the 20 foot fall from an old wooden stand too. Only trouble was, the guy who put the stand up, not me, left all them little 1 inch branches he cut off sticking out about 2 inches. They cut the crap out of me, smacked the family jewels around and bruised the heck out of my legs, arms, you name it. I landed on my feet and fell over backwards. I thought oh ship.. Can I move, well I could so up I got and went back to camp. Within the next two years, surgery on both knees. I learned the hard way:)

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
Im glad I cant climb a tree anymore but when I did I always used a harness and lifeline as I heard and read of so many accidents and also having my stand break one day when I was sitting..the platform just snapped..scarey situation and if I wasnt wearing my harness I would have been dead..even though I was 12 ft of ground..I was on edge of steep hill and I wouldve fell additional 15 ft.  kinda funny I was safe all the time when I was hunting but... 3 years ago I fell 27 ft off roof at a job after sliding 15 ft on ice and picking up speed and launching about 35 ft. out into parking lot and landing on both feet before my ankles gave out and slamming onto my back and crashing my head onto concrete..I really got messed up pretty bad and lucky to be alive so when I finally am able to get out and hunt after my latest knee replacement heals (1week ago tommorow)  I plan to hunt on ground and heck I might still strap myself to a tree sitting off a bucket just to be safe...LOL...already missing 3 years so far of no hunting and possible 4 if my knee heals because of injuries from my work accident so guys be careful... be a HERO to many by wearing a proper fitting quaility harness and safe climbing gear from when your foot leaves the ground and when your back on the ground..I wouldnt wish what I have been dealing with these past several years to anybody..heck I live my hunting /shooting and bowbuilding thru many of you guys as I cant make a bow to save my life (trust me I cant as I tried and tried countless times) and so I want all of you guys to come back safely and build these fantastic and wonderful bows you guys do...makes my day better when I read and gaze thru the pics of these cool bows  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©