3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: vermonster13's Mentor Challenge!!!  (Read 1385 times)

Offline dagwood64

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: vermonster13's Mentor Challenge!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2008, 11:22:00 PM »
My 10yr old Daughter just got into shooting a Longbow, and we plan on Turkey Hunting this spring.

DEER THE OTHER RED MEAT!

62" Sasquatch T/D Hybrid 47@28
64" Sasquatch T/D Static Tip RC 50@28
64" Flatliner Stealth 45@29
64" Thunderstick III 55@29, for now.
60" Big Rock Black Hunter 35/40@28 (Daughter's)

Sirach 2:1-11

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2008, 11:28:00 PM »
After the turkey seasons are done this year and folks post up some first time hunters here, I'll give out a few tokens of appreciation for the efforts.    ;)
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
Not hunting but a good way to get children shooting their bows: help them build their own. Here's a little slide show of a workshop I taught last year with a friend. Arming the neighborhood... Yeaaaahhhh!
Click >---->    
As far as hunting, next in line is my daughter. I'm looking forward to taking her with me this coming turkey season. I'm afraid I can't take much credit for introducing her to hunting, though.
      :notworthy:            :notworthy:
Here are eight ofthem ready for the hunt:

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »
Hey David I think this is just excellent, like I stated earlier I am already working with my 5 grandchildren and this year we will be working with the nieghbor kids.

However after reading your post it prompted me to go beyound the shooting aspect. So last week I started with two of the oldest grand kids and started an arrow building time.  We started with 1/2 dozen raw cedar shafts going through and straighting them out, then I had them stain them.  Then every other week when they come to visit grandpa we will do the next step until they have built themseleves a 1/2 dozen cedar arrows.

Not only do we get to spend time togehter and I get to pass down what my uncle taught me. Maybe they will learn the value of an arrow so grandpa don't have to spend two hours in the woods looking for there arrows every time they come over  :biglaugh:
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©