Author Topic: Yew Character (updated)  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Jack Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Yew Character (updated)
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
I have a bone block and had Roy from Pa show me in his yew bow forum his method of tip overlay. Could you put some pictures of your tip overlays up here for me to look at please and thank you. I have been having problems with my yew billets and not sure they will make bow but would like to try some tip overlays for practice if nothing else.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »
Here are some pictures of Keenan's over lays, maybe the ole boy will post more, when he gets out of bed:) I imagine he does his similar to how I showed you.

Offline Jack Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2012, 09:23:00 AM »
OK Thanks Roy I remember that from your forum now. I would say from the pictures that you are correct he would do them basicly the same way.

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
Hey ol Boy, I've been up since 4:45 our time. That about three hrs. later then your time.  

So translation would be if I'm up late, Then you go to bed when most of us are still getting stuff done!  :readit:    :laughing:  

I think I have some how to pictures somewhere in the files. I'll try to find some and get thenm posted.
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
Ok ole boy get thenm posted:)

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »
Dang that fella can turn out a bow! Beautiful as usual Keenan!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »
Thanks Tom.
 Got side tracked today with several other projects that I had to finish and had to shut things up for the day. Back is toast.

Blacktail is coming over in the morning to cut up some yew that he has and then we might head out to harvest some Juniper branches
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline Diamondback59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »
hy jack gimme a hollar we can get togather do some tips if u want have several yews im workin on now and a lot of water buff horn if ya want some to try need to get the dates for our shoots from ya this year brock
yep im a bowaholic,, elkaholic !!!

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »
Very nice!

Offline blacktailchaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2012, 01:47:00 AM »
i didnt know you was showing off them pritty little sticks of yours..a man who can work on 4 bows at once has talent..john

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2012, 12:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by blacktailchaser:
i didnt know you was showing off them pritty little sticks of yours..a man who can work on 4 bows at once has talent..john
A man working on four bows at once,,, just might not have a full deck  :readit:  

John I got the one you saw me tillering, to 28 inches today!  She has been a tuff biuild, scraping and sanding to get her to bend through all those bumps took some work and allot of hours but we have made it! Did a final sand out, Boned the back and hit her with some steel wool. She is now soaking in her first layer of finish  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2012, 07:17:00 AM »
A man could say anything in here. I wanna see pictures before I believe ya ole boy.   :laughing:

But I do believe your not playing with a full deck:)

Online DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »
I'm with Roy...prove it!
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
Most  interesting and excellent work. You say the bow is soaking in her first coat of finish, Does this mean you have it fully submerged in an oil bath. Bue--.

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:   Oh the Drama!  :laughing:  

Hopefully I can figure out the youtube video thing so I can get some footage of shooting it at my "Roy and DVS" Target  :laughing:    :laughing:  

When I wrote soaking in the first layer of finish. I was meaning applied and the wood is soaking it in. Sorry for the confusion.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
Put the video on photobucket ole boy. Then post it just like pictures, but tell us it's a video and to click the picture to view it. Can you hit a target at your age? :)

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
Roy I can't seem to get the video to load on Photobucket like my pictures do? Here is a you tube link. Not very good, a little shakey and just a quick trial run. Probably a little to close with the camera. Only one coat of finish so far.
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJuZblmula4&feature=plcp

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
Breath taking, Keenan. Fantastic, awesome, super, great, nice.

I guess it's OK....  :thumbsup:

Offline vanillabear?

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »
Thanks Guys. Your going to have to wait for the full draw. Need to let this coat get hard so I can steel wool it again then about 8 more coats of finish.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©