Author Topic: need yew wood board  (Read 247 times)

Offline PrimitiveSniper66

• Trad Bowhunter
need yew wood board
« on: December 22, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
need yew wood board for core for grumley recurve bows , any help is much appreciated, thnks curt. Happy Holidays

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: need yew wood board
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
Curt, I have a little bit of yew in board form. PM your address and size needed. Can you post a pic of a Grumley recurve? I have seen many osage Grumleys but never one with yew. Is it from his later days as an independent with "modern" material backed bows?

Offline PrimitiveSniper66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
Shaun I have pictures of this bow but I will have to have the wife post them the cumputer thing is all new to me just started using it about a year now,the bow was damaged in the mail it belongs to a trad gang member so the plan is to fix it if I can and make a copy of it for him to hunt with, it is a tri lam hicory,yew,osage with paper or rawhide the bow is being sent to me soon Im trying to round up the few final things that I need to get going on it, the new one will be the same but with rattle snake skins, and the bow is marked BEAR ARCHERY

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
How long of piece do you need?  I just looked at the pictures of the bow and would say that bow is probably worth more as is just from the historic factor without doing any repairs. I read you are making a replica as well. I have some yew that was a 12 inch log about ten feet long. The guy had left it out side for several years so the outer is checked and bad but looks to have some solid inside areas. are you wanting smaller limb length sections or full length? I also have a pile of short cut offs for the handle build up
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©