Author Topic: 2013 Annual Bow Swap (sign up)  (Read 3100 times)

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
2013 Annual Bow Swap (sign up)
« on: December 26, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
I will head up the swap this year DO NOT FLOOD MY BOX WITH PM"S.

I will PM you with your info on your builder. You can discuss anything in this thread and ask any questions here in the open forum. If you have any special concerns then send me an email. I haven't talked to Kelly lately so for now just get ahold of me. If Kelly get's ahold of me and is gonna have time to help this year he will post I'm sure.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I gave it some thought and decided to form a bow swap committee of sorts for the purpose of making any decisions should any problems arise concerning any important issues. It is formed of 6 members and any and all changes from here on out will be put to a vote.

Swap committee members
Stiks-N-Strings
KellyG
PatB
RoyfromPA
DVShunter
Walt Francis

Should any issues arise all decisions will be discussed among the committee and voted on as big as this got last year I expect it to be bigger this year and I figure this is the best way to keep everything fair. The main reason is to keep everything and every one in check and to deal with anyone that would try to recieve a bow and skip out. We will do anything and everything in our ability to make sure that never happens again.

Gonna go ahead and start this to give some folks an extra week of planning and building.

READ ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

The only change this year is....

Contact phone # is Required! You can just send it to me or Kelly Privately and it will be added to the spread sheet and kept private.

Any one that was asked not to ship on account of their recipient being late will not be on the list of shippers to hold

If you shipped late or are a new sign up your builder will be holding your bow until you ship and provide either me or Kelly a tracking # and we OK your builder to ship. This is the only way we can keep someone from receiving and not sending.

Kelly and my self discussed this as well as a few other participants through pm's and it is the only way we can figure to stop some one from receiving and not sending. Myself and Kelly will be on this list so don't take it personal.

We have had a few out of country entries in the past. I don't have an issue shipping out of country but if any one does send me a PM and I will take care of it. I shipped a bow to switzerland for around 45-50$ and figure it should be roughly the same for anywhere else. If you have an issue with it just send me a PM. It does cost a small fortune to ship to Africa, You can ship a TD to Africa for around 50 or 60 bucks.

Stiks

DEADLINE IS the July 7th for shipping

READ ALL RULES BEFORE SIGNING UP

#1 There will be a 30 day grace period after the final to be shipped date. Any bows not shipped by then and I will ask you to forward the bow you receive to your recipient. The only exeptions will be made by Kelly and My self and a few other members I intend to contact

The only way We will make any exceptions to this rule is if you contact us and let us know what is going on. We do understand things happen and We are willing to work with anyone should an emergency arise, But YOU HAVE TO KEEP COMMUNICATION OPEN AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH us. No exceptions!

Okay here we go.

The way we'll do this to insure everybody get's a bow they can shoot is draw names. If you want in post here and at the end of sign up I will draw names and PM or email to the builder who your bow is going to and the specs desired.

#1 When you post that you are in also post your draw length and desired draw weight within a 5 or 10 pound range and right or lefthanded. (example.. 45-50 or 40-50) Also state whether you will be building a glass or wood bow, one pice or TD for the trade. I need to know this for shipping purposes out of country.

#2 When you post pics during the build DO NOT state in any fashion whom your bow is going to.

#3 I have given this alot of thought and to keep it as honest as possible no one who has signed up to TradGang after the date of this post can enter. I hate to exclude anyone but have heard of it here in past trades that one guy or another did not get a return on his trade and DO NOT want that to happen.

#4 The time frame for the build will be about 6 months and the bow you built should if anyway possible be shot in. Bows need to finished and shipped by the last day of June

#5 There was a few concerns about liabilty so I will throw in that any one who receives a bow in this trade is doing so at his/her own risk and in no way holds any one resposbible in any way should a misfortune occur due to use of such bow.

#6 if you are building a glass bow and only want a glass bow in return or vice versa for wood bowyers please state this in the sign up, otherwise you may recieve a glass or wood bow.
There we have it. I tried to keep it as simple as possible and keep everybody happy. So let the building and swapping commence.

Have fun! Kris
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Trux Turning

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2013 Annual Bow Swap (sign up)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Awesome!! I'll jump right in- right hand 28" draw, 45-55# range- prefer a glass bow. Will be building a glass bow and will build either a one piece or TD.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
I don't know if I want in or not this year given that you have Roy on the decision makin' committee.    :scared:  

Ah, what the heck.  How much damage could one man do? Count me in again.    :thumbsup:    

I'll be building a one piece glass laminated longbow - either a mild r/d or straight limbed depending on what I think my recipient might like better.

In return, I'd prefer a glass bow if possible, right handed, 50 - 60# @ 28".

Let the fun begin!!
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
I have been waiting for the return of the swap.
 I will build a wood selfbow .{My experience is making bows for 28" and less draw length.}

In return I wish to have a wood bow made for me .I shoot right hand, 27" draw and prefer a 50# bow {45#  to 55 # Works for me.}

Pete
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline psychmonky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
I'm in. I'll build a one piece wood bow, probably mild R/D. I don't care if I receive wood or glass as long as its right handed and between 45-55#@27
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline PrimitiveSniper66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
Im in Ill build a wood  recurve or longbow, wood or glass right hand 50-55 @ 28" for trade  fine. Thanks Curt

Offline Millhimes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
put me in please.first timer.will build one piece fiberglass or wood composite,not up to self bow yet.you tell me which.
 will take anything in return 45-55@28"

Offline RECURVE319

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
I'm in again...was a great experience last year.
I will build a one piece self bow or bamboo backed.

I'm right handed 45-50 @ 27.

Thanks Rick.

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
Count me in! I'll build a one piece bamboo backed or tri-lam longbow. For myself, something right handed, 45# to 55#, 28" draw length.
Thanks.
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »
Been looking forward to this again!  I'm in - RH 45-55 @ 29".  I will be building a wood bow and it doesn't matter what my builder creates for me.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »
Stiks, I'm having trouble e-mailing you. My infernal machine won't let me enter an address with spaces in it. Can you send me an e-mail, so I can reply with my contact info?
Sorry for being a dinosaur.  :rolleyes:  
Dave.
[email protected]

Offline CardboardDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
I'd like to give it a go this year. I can build a fiberglass r/d, an all wood, or a bamboo/hickory backed something or other. I have only built right hand bows that draw 28" and are in the 30-60 lb range.

I'd like to receive anything that right handed and in the 45-55lbs range, 28"draw.

Offline psychmonky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
Wood Carver,

Those aren't spaces. They're underscores. Like these _ _ _ _ ... It's the one next to the zero. You have to hit shift at the same time.
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
I thought that might be the case. I just wanted to be sure. In the profile it looks like spaces.
Like I said... dinosaur.
Dave.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
After giving this more thought, I have decided not to participate this year. I'm having bad luck with bows the past month or so and I have a couple more to make yet. I just don't need the added pressure right now. Have fun Guys.

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
I'm in again Kris.  I'll be building a boo backed ipe unless I start to have problem with my boo like I did last year then I'll build a glass R/D.  Just let me know if I need to either or..In return right handed 50-60#@28.  I'm not picky.

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
My first time.
I'll build a BBI longbow.

I'd like a wood bow. 50 to 55 @ 27 inch draw.  Closer to 50 is better. Right hand.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
Well you can count me in .... Let the games begin!!!!!!

I'll build another selfbow...  don't know if it will be backed or unbacked???

Right handed 45/50#s @28....  Ideal 45/47@27...  I shoot split finger
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
Count me in, my specs are RH 55-60 @ 28".  I'll be building a self bow of some sort. I'll be happy with either glass or wood....Dan

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
What would be really cool................After all the bows are delivered, then all the names of the reciepents and their builder be posted. I know lots of us would like to know and it would be fun reading for those of us that keep up with the postings and pictures of beautiful bows as they are built. What do the rest of you guys think??????????????/
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©