Author Topic: 2013 Annual Bow Swap (sign up)  (Read 3097 times)

Offline burnt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2013 Annual Bow Swap (sign up)
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2013, 10:44:00 AM »
Count me in. I'll build a selfbow out of osage.

Would like a right handed 45-60 @26" draw bow.
"TGMM Family Of The Bow"

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »
Looking a little thin this year Kelly

I'll get you the info I have as soon a s I get a chance buddy
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline goobersan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
how many were there last year ?

Offline Juan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2013, 03:31:00 AM »
Count me in. Missed out last year and really kicked myself for doing so. will probably make a r/d osage. If at all possible would like glass 45-50# @ 28" closer to 45# would be ideal.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
Count me in as well. I'll most likely be building a one piece wooden bow. Probably boo backed ipe. Unless CanopyBoy lets me use his shop ... then maybe I'll get on the glass bow bandwagon.

I'm happy to receive any type of bow as long as it draws in the ballpark of 45-55lbs @ 26", righthanded.

Thanks to everyone on the committe this year for making this possible. Your efforts are greatly appreciated

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »
Stiks we are not doing to bad.  I mean we are up to 61 plus there is this whole weekend. Last year we had 85 or 6 but heck about a half dozen dropped out and then one that got a bow and did not ship. Heck we are still not done with last years.

Only time will tell how many we end up with.

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
Has anyone talked to goose? He needs to be thumped on the back of the head next time some one talks to him for disappearing like this ...

Also I have not seen Galen (BenBow) I will talk with him soon...
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »
Goose posted back on page 6.

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
As bad as I hate to be corrected by ole Roy , I am glad he is correct.
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »
I unnerstand son:)

Offline BrianO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
Count me in. I will be building either a osage selfbow or an all wood laminated bow. I will be happy with whatever. I like between 50-60 lbs and I draw 28" and shoot right handed. Let the shavings fly.

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2013, 12:37:00 AM »
Seems to be a larger interest in glass bows this year than I remember there was last year, but my memory anymore seems to be....ummm I forget. lol

Offline inksoup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2013, 06:09:00 AM »
hi good people there,

i am decided to be join in again this year. (actually convinced by kelly .. :-) )

i will be building #40+ take down with big jim's (if i remember correct) method  (for shipment easily) and probably out of eucalyptus or hornbeam with fiberglass+polyester backed and belly-ed (haha invented some kind of term) 155 - 165cm bow. (i can include the bamboo arrows in to pack as well  :)  ).

expecting takedown (for the shipment, if you do not have problem with shipping it, then no problem if it is take down or not) something specially done for me. could be anything but please let me say i personnally do not like snaky shaped bows.
can be turkish type bow (since i am turkish), can be recurve, can be mongolian, can be ..... the main idea is, when i am shooting with it i want to remember you. that's it.

right handed #40+ @28

best.
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Offline brianvanh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2013, 08:09:00 AM »
I REALLY want in on this...but I'm gonna pass.  Being new to the bow making game, I just don't feel confident enough to risk disappointing someone.  Next year for sure...in the meantime, I'll be slobberin' all over my computer watching you guys have Christmas in July.
If man evolved from apes, then why are there still apes?

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you can't confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
Brain- if you do sign up, making a bow for someone else will drive you to make better bows. It's a great way to hone your skills.

Offline goobersan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »
You can do it Brian, I am. Same concern as the rest of us new bow builders. We'll all do our best. Come on    sign up

Offline L. Bullington

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
I'm in, This will be my first time, sure looking forward to it! Stiks, Kelly, thanks for all of your work in getting this swap together.

I will be building a wood bow, either a selfbow or a Hickory/Bamboo backed flat bow, or English LB.

I'm right handed and prefer bows 45-55 pounds at a 30" draw. I like glass or wood bows, either way is great.

Thanks again,

Lucas

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2013, 10:37:00 AM »
Brian,

This swap is for the new and veteran bowyers. It is so we new bowyers can get insight from the veterans. It is to create a fellowship of bowyers.

Just a reminder though the only guarantee on Glass bows is if someone is building a glass bow. And on the same end of the spectrum for self bows.

So if you build a glass bow and want a glass bow you will get on and if you are a self bow guy and want a self bow you will get one. If you are like me you don't care and we have a chance at any bow that comes out of the swap.

If you are looking over this thread and last years thinking man I would like to join but dont know if I can make a bow good enough or not this swap is for you.

All we ask is you make the best bow you can, and if you would be proud to shoot it and keep then other would to. Also remember you can ask for help from the forum post pics and asking for help/advise.

There is only 2 more days of signup if I am correct. Then all the data collected will go to sticks.

Happy building,
Kelly

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
I am going to watch from the side lines again this year. I'm Still working way to many hours to make sure I can make a good bow. Good luck!

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
rmorris: My new job has me traveling quite a bit and with a new one on the way and a young one taking much of my time the time in the shop has dwindled drastically... that and we are trying to sell a house and osage shavings aren't considered mulch anymore by my wife.  :D  

I am excited about this years swap and I've been "seasoning" something hopefully special for this year.  Just waiting on the name and the dust will fly.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©