Author Topic: 2013 Annual Bow Swap (sign up)  (Read 3104 times)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2013 Annual Bow Swap (sign up)
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
James - Ralph Morris did start such a thread with pics of the bows once received.  It was a different thread from the one where we all chat about the bows being built as the swap proceeds.  Unfortunately, not all bows made it onto this thread.  It would be nice if we could keep this sort of thread going so that pics of all bows can be easily viewed in one place.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=125;t=007772
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 08:18:00 PM »
You all are making me feel like a failure .... I think it needs to be a rule that you have to email pictures of the bow you receive to the person heading up the picture only post... I will head it up again ... But I don't really want to have to track down people to get their pictures.

Well my ranting is done and I am in again... I will build some sort of glass longbow in left or right handed and any weight and draw...

Send me anything 45# +/- 5#  right handed and at a full 30" draw

Thank you all for doing this again
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
I am in and will be building a one-piece osage selfbow or possibly a sinew backed osage.

I will accept any bow that is 45-50# at 27".  I am right handed.

Thanks. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
Ralph - You're not a failure and you shouldn't have to post all the pics yourself.  That's a lot of messin' with photobucket.  Folks should post when they get their bow and if they're having trouble with photobucket, then email them to you.  I'll offer up helping out with posting bow pics too if folks are having issues with photobucket.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline KeithG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »
I'm in. I will be building a Hickory selfbow. 45-60 right hand. My spec, 40-55, 28" right hand. Any kind will be fine. This will be my 5th bow to build.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
I am in 27", 45-55# left handed. I will be making a selfbow. Stick you know I am in to help out where ever and how ever you need me. We still have not closed out last years swap. I know of two bows not received yet.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
Ralph you asked everyone to send pics so you could post them.....   if they sent them you posted them.

Thanks buddy for stepping up and volunteering to begin with....

Sticks thanks for makin it happen again....  you and your crew   :)  

:campfire:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
Put me in.  I will be happy with anything between 45-65 #'s @ 29" (though my preference is 55-60 #'s), made with glass, wood' or whatever combination the builder prefers; not too particular about the shape either.  Prefer right handed, but shoot left handed too, so either one works.

I will make a self bow, glass recurve or glass R/D longbow, depending on what is desired.  I  will make these in takedown models and ship internationally if needed.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
Well Ralph I gotta admit I didn't put pictures of the bow Walt Francis sent me last year on the pics only forum.  I put the pics on the original forum but I completly forgot about the pics only forum.  I apologize my friend.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »
I'm in, Stiks! My specs are- left handed, 26" draw, 45-55#. Any style is fine.

I'll build an osage longbow backed with bamboo, or hickory.

Thanks for running this swap again, Stiks and Kelly G. Oh, and the committee, too!

Been lookin' forward to this!  :jumper:

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
Put me in.

I haven't decided on what to build, it may be a Selfbow, Hill style bow, or 50s style recurve.

My preferred draw weight range is 48-55@28", right handed. I'm into the types of bows I've mentioned above but anything is fine.

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 12:08:00 AM »
Already got several regulars and a few new ones.

I'm sitting out this year I have way to much catching up to do. I am building one of the back up from last years for Keenan. He already knows so it really ain't a secret but I will say it's gonna be something real special and he don't know all the details LOL

I have about three bows that I have promised out and are way over due along with a few other obligations. I really need to learn how to manage my time or just win the lottery LOL.

I'll probably go ahead and start one on the side for a back up but other than that I'm just tagging along this year.

Should prove to be another good one with some great bows built for sure.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline WestTexan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 12:43:00 AM »
Count me in again...... right hand 45-55 @ 27", I'll be building a self bow. Thanks again Stiks!

Offline bowhntineverythingnh03743

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2012, 01:34:00 AM »
I am in!!! This will be my first swap so I have been waiting to jump in.... Now or never I guess.

I will be building either a BBO or some sort of self bow, probably osage and or elm.

I am not picky on what my return bow is... something between 45-55 pounds at 28 inch draw, right handed, nothing over 64 ttt if possible.

Thank you all who head up this swap... You guys really get things rocking on this site and I can't wait to see what gets turned out this year... Always amazed by the craftsmanship... Even ROY!!

Good Luck everyone.... Justin

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 09:13:00 AM »
Kris and Kelly, I'll be sitting this one out this year but will be here to help in any way I can. I have a full plate and a few promised bow I still haven't had a chance to make.

Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
I've been checking every day for this to start. Looks like I checked too early yesterday.

I would like to receive in the 50-60# range at 29".  I shoot RH, three under.

This year I plan to make a glass bow. I am also willing to try making a takedown and ship overseas if necessary.

Yee-haw, I've been waiting for this since July.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline David Flanrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
I'm in!  I shoot right handed.  My draw is 27" and weight of 50-55# would be great.  I would like a glass bow if possible but any bow would be great.

I will build either a one piece glass r/d longbow or a selfbow.  Just depends which is needed.  I can ship out of the country.

Offline whossbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »
Im in.iwill be building  a glass laminate long bow straight limb or mild  rd.right or left hand.be using action wood from kenny m. .in return a snakey osage with canebreak skins.or any glass bow.around [email protected] hand

Offline rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
I am in right hand 50 to 60 lbs.  I will build composite or selfbow.
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©