Author Topic: Osage with worm holes?  (Read 363 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Osage with worm holes?
« on: January 08, 2013, 05:17:00 AM »
I would love to see some pictures of osage bows that any one has made that still has the worm/borer holes in them.  My queston even if badly infected with bores, could you fill the holes with a mixture of sawdust and super glue and get it to hold up?
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Osage with worm holes?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:17:00 AM »
I know the tim ott has made one before. There are pics on pa. I'm pretty sure if you filled em and put on qa rawhide back it would hold together.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
I saw that bow Tim Made and he just filled the holes with wood glue (I think) and Osage sawdust. It was a pretty piece and for sure a conversation starter.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Offline okie64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
Heres a pic of one that I made a few years ago that had small wormholes in it. I laid the bow out so they were only in the handle section.

Offline okie64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
Sorry about the giant pic, cant figure out how to resize on the new photobucket.   :banghead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©