Author Topic: 2013 Annual Bow Swap  (Read 43209 times)

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2013 Annual Bow Swap
« Reply #2380 on: July 03, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
I made it with 4 days to spare. It's on its way to......................in todays mail.
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2381 on: July 03, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »
Yeah Pete I was scared I wasnt gonna make it

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2382 on: July 04, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »
I finally got around to snapping a few good pics of thebow Dave sent me this year. She sure is sweet and his pics didn't show the bow off very well. I got everything but a full draw. Hopefully that will come with the hero shot.

"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Trux Turning

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2383 on: July 04, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
Glad you like it and I hope you get to test it out on some critters! I'd enjoy seeing those pics.

Offline k-hat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2384 on: July 04, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
Great lookin stuff guys.  Just checkin in as deadline approaches.  My plan A bow came in underweight so Plan B is underway.  Tiller should be done today, this one IS going to make weight.  Plan A was my first wood-backed bow, Plan B is my second   :D   Different design but i think she'll be sweet.  

I've got the next three days off, so I hope to get'r in the mail Monday, if not then shortly thereafter. My apologies to my recipient   :banghead:
Kevin

"he hath bent his bow, and made it ready . . .his arrow shall go forth as the lightning" - Psalm 7:12, Zech. 9:14

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2385 on: July 05, 2013, 12:02:00 AM »
Dave, glad you like the pics. You did a great job with some awesome wood. The mosaic is sweet. I know how long they take. You grip is huge and forces me to shoot with a straight wrist grip such is different from me throttle selfbow grip wich I've come to like and it makes me shoot all my glass bows better. You must have giant hands. Lol.
Anyway, I know ill get the chance to take a deer with it this year and ill be sure to post a pic for you after harvest. Its nice to have a take down too. I added some thicker string silencers and shoot it three under now and it has settled in nicely to my style. I had toraise the brace height about an inch because of my terrible release fpen, but it is a sweet bow now that I have her figured out. Thanks again for the stellar bow and extra effort you put into it. If I had to pick something bad about it, I'd say your finish is to nice. I beat the hell out of my bows and use a softer finish that I can fixeeasy and the super hard finish you used is going go be tuff for me to match when it gets the inevitable scratch from abuse. Lol
Well done sir!
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2386 on: July 05, 2013, 12:09:00 AM »
Some nice bows being made and shipped. I have my plan B bow bending and had it on a tight string not quite short but really tight. The wife and I are going out of town for a couple of days. It is your 20th wedding anniversary so we are heading out to KC tomorrow for a couple of days. But I will be working extra hard on it Sunday and Monday. If it comes out I will put some skins on it to dress her up a bit. SO ***** don't worry I am working on it.

Offline inksoup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2387 on: July 05, 2013, 07:33:00 AM »
my swap bow has started her travelling.

it's tacking number is: RR158879784TF

best.
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Offline dinorocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2388 on: July 05, 2013, 08:58:00 AM »
Could not tell if Inksoup's bow was headed my way...at least not via FedEx or USPS :-)

Finished final sanding yesterday and got a few coats of Tung oil applied.  A few more coats with some steel-wooling and I will be there!  Today I will also be hydrating a beaver tail I skinned out this past trapping season for the handle wrap...the few I completed turned out real nice! I will also be adding some beaver fur silencers to the string...the fur also came from a beaver I caught and tanned...  So far I'm on schedule for shipment on Monday!

Very nice looking bows to date everyone and good luck to wrapping up the unfinished bows!

Dino
"Speedy arrow, sharp and narrow."  GD

Offline Trux Turning

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2389 on: July 05, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
Hey Dave- the finish is Krystal dull and is pretty tough- I tend to be rough on my bows in the field too and that finish has held up well for me. I wondered about the grip size but can adjust that and spray it for you if you would like. Getting a picture of a deer with your trade bow would be cool.

Offline inksoup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2390 on: July 05, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
i do not think it is going to your site dinorocks... it is going somewhere MN which i have no idea what those letters stand for.

on the other hand, i have told that i have forget to put recipient name on the bow on my last post. well i have corrected it.

i made some shots with this little monkey and pleased with its performance. i hope my recipient will also be happy about it.

i want to add couple arrows to the package but i could not risk it to be stopped on the custom since i have send this item as ornamental stuff (which is cheaper to send).

Offline Trapper Rob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2391 on: July 05, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
Shipped mine today recipient should get it Mon.

Offline inksoup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2392 on: July 05, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »
btw i forget to tell the bow will be there in 20 days max.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2393 on: July 05, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
Have my trade bow pulling 52# @26". I have to get two more inches, but I made her a little long so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm still having trouble with the handle popping loose! Since I made the bow a little long I also made the fades longer than usual. Today I ground the handle off and re-glued another on. I'll rasp the fades at two inches this time and see if that helps.
The bow gremlins are having a field day with me this summer!
Looks like I'll be a little late. But, dammit! I'm gonna finish a bow one way or another!   :knothead:
I think it must be all the nice bows being sent out. They have me wanting to do better and better!

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2394 on: July 05, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by k-hat:
Great lookin stuff guys.  Just checkin in as deadline approaches.  My plan A bow came in underweight so Plan B is underway.  Tiller should be done today, this one IS going to make weight.  Plan A was my first wood-backed bow, Plan B is my second    :D    Different design but i think she'll be sweet.  

I've got the next three days off, so I hope to get'r in the mail Monday, if not then shortly thereafter. My apologies to my recipient    :banghead:  
Well, if it's as good the one you made last year, someone'll be happy.  I shot it again the other day, nice bow!

I'm guaranteed to be into the grace period, try to sneak in a few minutes here and there.  Might have to go whole hog and just sleep on the couch until it's done though soon!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2395 on: July 06, 2013, 04:59:00 AM »
As we get close to the finish of this years trade bow might I be permitted to say what a pleasure it has been for me not only to participate and most unusual for me to actually receive an absolutely stunning bow that always attracts a great deal of attention and envy at shoots here that came from Soy. Thanks again mate for a truly beautiful bow. All the bows I have seen on this site in the trade swap have been of the highest order and a credit to all. Hopefully I may get to go in next years as well if all is well over here.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:

Offline rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2396 on: July 06, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
Mine will ship out Monday, already talked to my recipient will post pics tomorrow.
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2397 on: July 06, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
I agree with Bob.  Great job everybody.  Awesome looking bows.

Offline goobersan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2398 on: July 06, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
shipped mine out today. hope ##$^^&*(*&^  likes it

Offline k-hat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2399 on: July 06, 2013, 06:41:00 PM »
Thanks canopyboy, still tickled that you like it   :D       I just realized that this is the weekend my youngest daughter goes to camp, so i'll be on the road all day tomorrow :/

Not much left to do, but it's the detail work and you know how that can be.  Exhaustion took it's toll on me today and i had to crash for a couple hours this afternoon.  I'll prob be pulling a couple all-nighters as well in the coming week.
Kevin

"he hath bent his bow, and made it ready . . .his arrow shall go forth as the lightning" - Psalm 7:12, Zech. 9:14

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©