Author Topic: glue  (Read 386 times)

Offline Buck Buckley

• Trad Bowhunter
glue
« on: February 06, 2013, 10:44:00 PM »
I got the unibond  800 in today  ,I got a few questions to ask . I hope Roy from Pa  will step in   #1 have you used this glue  #2 does it have to be measured by weight  #3 can I use the same method with my spring clamps to glue the bow up  #4 and finaly does this glue have to be in the refrig when not in use  THANK YOU AND EVERY ONE ELSE  THAT COME TO MY NEEDS  BUCK

Offline psychmonky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: glue
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
Buck I just looked at my can to post this on another thread. It says "keep in a cool dry place". It has a little table that says it will keep for 12 mo @60degrees, 6 mo @ 75 degrees, and 3 mo @90 degrees.
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline talkingcabbage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »
So, following that train of numbers, will it keep for 4 years at 35?    :eek:
Joe

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."

One of two things will happen; it'll either work or it won't.

Offline bowhntineverythingnh03743

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:42:00 PM »
I used unibond today and measured it by weight... It said 10 parts resin to 1 part gardener. I remembered with urac measuring out 100 grains of resin to 13 grains of hardener. Well just measured as I did with urac and it worked awesome. You have to work a little quicker with it but it was totally cured in six hours... It's says it is done in three but I always double the time myself... Worked awesome!!!

Offline Ranger44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
I used it recently and it worked just like the urac I used before.  Before I got a scale I measured the urac by volume.  I think it has pretty wide tolerances as I never had a glue problem.  Also the directions on the unibond give a wider range of mixtures and set up times.  I got a lighter color of unibond than the urac and it looks pretty good with hickory and cherry.  I used a combination of c-clamps and spring clamps to glue up a R/D blank.  Good luck with yours.  :)

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
Hain't used Unibond yet but I will.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©