Author Topic: recurve lamination layer ratio question  (Read 352 times)

Offline wookiewebster

• Trad Bowhunter
recurve lamination layer ratio question
« on: February 21, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
Hi,
  I am working on tweaking a 64" recurve design (2" wide limbs). There are 2 lam layers and 2 glass layers. As I increase/decease the pull weight, I wonder which lamination layer should be changed, or what ratio would be good to maintain between the two.  

For example: I have a .256" stack with a .070" parallel and a .100" taper (.002/1"). Glass is .043".

If I want to bump the wieght up by #5 or #10, should I add to the parallel or the taper, or both?

Offline Dan Bonner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: recurve lamination layer ratio question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »
It really doesn't matter. As long as you don't change the taper rate per inch the result will be the same. If it is a takedown and you are using 36" tapers and the limbs are less than 36" you can increase/ decrease weight by sliding them outboard or inboard. I usually grind my tapers longer and thicker than I need so I can fine tune this way.
Bonner

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »
I am with Dan don't think it would matter.  By grinding the taper just a bit thick you can precision adjust you stack height.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »
I would add to the taper a bit first, since it is .028 at tip. But I don't think it really matters either way..
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©