Author Topic: You guys on this site just Humble Me.....  (Read 1180 times)

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: You guys on this site just Humble Me.....
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
Recurring statement " I have never met the Man" that as Paul Harvey use to say is the rest of the story. God help them if they ever meet you!   :confused:  

Seriously enjoy your posts and good humor,must be like minded folks here who put up with you!  :wavey:
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline Bob from MontCo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
Hey Roy,  you humble me my friend.  You made me a bow,  gave it to me, and shipped it to me  as a gift.  You also sent me a bow for my boy at no charge.  You're the one that turned me into a traditional archer.   I'm proud to call you my friend.

Btw, I just bought two Wing bows over the weekend....you created a trad addict.  LOL
"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Jerry Garcia

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
I have to agree with everybody.  Your an alright feller.  I haven't received anything from you and nor have you from me, but all the information your have given me is PRICELESS.  Its always greatly appreciated my friend.

Offline mwosborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
You are absolutely right Roy.  Great bunch of people on this site!
Enjoy the hunt!  - Mitch

Offline So-Mo Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 05:49:00 AM »
Amen to all the above! This is an awesome forum, with awesome folks, and some awesome advice and inspirations for those of us starting out. Thanks to all of y'all for all the help and a welcome that is hard to match.  :campfire:    :archer:
Matt

Ben Pearson Rogue, 55 @ 28
SoMo Red Warrior, 47 @ 28
Compton's
NCBA
NCWRC Hunters Ed Instructor
"The shortest answer is to do the thing!" - Ernest Hemingway

Offline scottm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Like everyone has stated above this is an awsome  group of people.Its about the only reason i turn on my computer.Roy ant bad either for a guy who wears a leather dress!  :bigsmyl:  Im sorry Roy from now on i just tell every one that its not a leather dress,you just ripped the crotch out of your leather bow making pants!Or you could tell every one its a loin cloth and there is a reason you had to make it that long!LOL!When you do meet Kenny try not to thump him too hard.Ill need to order some stuff soon and i want him to be able to make it to the post office.LOL!

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
"I have never met a more caring, giving, sharing, good hearted, crazy bunch of folks in my life! In the past week I have received a dozen awesome switch cane shafts from David in Arkansas, and I have never met the Man. Today I received my ERC lams from Sister McKenzie in Missouri and as always Kenny sent way past what I ordered, and I have never met the Man. Today Mitch from North Carolina asked for my addy so he can send me some Bamboo he just cut, and I have never met the Man. Last month Ralphie Boy from New Mexico sent me 2 pieces of awesome riser material, East Indian Rosewood and I can never remember the other ones name, and I have never met the Man. Six months ago Pat from NC sent me some switch cane shafts, and I have never met the Man. Four months ago Keenan from Oregon sent me an awesome Yew stave, and I have never met the Man. DVS sent me two Osage billets a year ago, and I have never met the Man. Semo from Missouri sent me awesome Osage billets 2 years ago, and I have never met the Man. Pearly boy from Michigan has sent me two great Osage Self Bows, and I have never met the Man.
Where will it end I have no clue. But you boys are something else. And I am proud to be acquainted with all ya crazy Trad Guys.
Roy"

X2 Roy  :)

Now quit mushin all over the place and get back to work.... "OK" ????

:bigsmyl:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Frosty the Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
I am in total agreement, this is by far the nicest, kindest, most friendly, and family feeling place I have ever found on the web.

It was fine, no I mean AWSOME people like you all that have shown me what Traditioanl Archery is supposed to be, and inspired me to make my own bow. Heck I'm so psyhced I'm trying to mess with some dumb random tree branch cause right now can't afford anything else on this college boys pay  :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:

Offline mwirwicki

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
Roy:  Couldn't have said it any better.  This traditional/primitive archery world of ours is very special.  Hard pressed to find a better bunch.

Offline k-hat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »
Ditto on all the above.  I love being part of it all , even if I'm not as active on here as i oughta be   :)  

That said, Roy... do ya think maybe they're just tryna keep off the thumpin list?  course Kenny may just be tryna get ya to go easy on him when you DO give him that thumpin  :biglaugh:
Kevin

"he hath bent his bow, and made it ready . . .his arrow shall go forth as the lightning" - Psalm 7:12, Zech. 9:14

Offline Bowjunkie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
Geeze Roy, I didn't know you were so sensitive.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 04:00:00 PM »
Oh and there's Bowjunkie who taught me how to make bows and just a couple months ago gave me the tri lam materials for my latest bow build:)

I'm not sensitive Jeff, I'm just an old fart trying to get into Heaven:)

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
Didn't you know? All trad archers go to heaven!
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
Come On Dave..

Ya really think they would let Kenny in those pearly gates?   :laughing:

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 05:33:00 PM »
JUST right  inside Roy, Kenny will be the archer guarding the gate! But since no one is ever harmed there he'll be using BIG TOILET BOWL rubber blunts!   ;)
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline Buxndiverdux

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
There is a wealth of knowledge on this board. I have enjoyed every minute. And Roy is OK, I guess?  :biglaugh:
Anneewakee Addiction Longbow
56" 57# @ 28"

Offline Black Mockingbird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »
Nuttin like a big ole group hug    :smileystooges:

Offline CamoZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
I just joined and already 2 people have offered to send me a bow string..along with arrows..a stave..wow..amazing..glad I joined such a good group of folks.
This moment called present seems to me perpetually pleasant

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
CamoZ if ya get anything good, just forward some of it to me please...   :bigsmyl:

Offline CamoZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
righto..lol.
This moment called present seems to me perpetually pleasant

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©