Author Topic: What spray guns are you builders using?  (Read 221 times)

Offline ballen28115

• Trad Bowhunter
What spray guns are you builders using?
« on: March 10, 2013, 04:43:00 PM »
Have any of you used a DeVillbiss FLG HVLP Finish Line gun for spraying finish?  I've got one that I used to seal and base coat a car project some years ago one I was curious if anyone had experience spraying bow finishes with one or a similar model.  Thanks!

Offline J.F. Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What spray guns are you builders using?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
I use a DeVillbiss Finish Line gun. not sure of the exact model at the moment, but it is a gravity fed cup gun. I've sprayed a bunch of polyamide epoxy on my bows with this gun, and it is a joy to work with. I'm a painting contractor by trade, so I've sprayed a fair amount of paint and stuff from a bunch of different guns and machines. this is a very nice gun for spraying finish on bows or fine finishes on furniture, doors, etc. I hear it does a nice job on cars, too.  :D   mine isn't a true hvlp set up, but rather a conventional one with an inline regulator, which makes it effectively the same thing. mine has served me well. like all spraying, the best results are born of the ideal combination of material reduction, gun adjustment(fluid flow/air pressure) and experience with whatever coating you are using.  if you can spray automotive coatings, you won't have any trouble spraying bows with this gun.
"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©