3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dansville state game area bunny trek!!!  (Read 7967 times)

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dansville state game area bunny trek!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »
Jason, thanks for the head's up.  I don't know yet if I can make it.  I already have one conflict (teaching archery) and may add another (finally making my long bow).  Of the three, hunting sounds best, but if we get scheduled to build bows that day, it'll take priority.  I will mention this Monday night at our Trad League even if I can't go.  If I'm not building a bow, I'll blow off the class and be there.  Arwin, happy birthday.  You share it with my wife, but she claimed the date waaaaaay ahead of you!
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »
Thanks Dave!! It's strange being in the 30's age bracket now. I need my walker! LOL! Tell your wife Happy Birthday also and God bless!
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
ttt
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 01:15:00 AM »
Ok, I've got 6 nutters ready for stump and destroy mision and 6 more I need to finish. Anyone else shootin ramin wood the 17th?
TGMM

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2007, 07:21:00 AM »
I will be shooting Cedar and aluminum Flu Flus with Judos and probably some aluminums with Judos.  I got the back quiver full already just sitting and waiting.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »
Hey guys... I'm trying to get this thing rolling... We are going to have a blast with few or many!!! Im shooting ce heritage with ace hex blunts. I saw two bunnies catching some rays in the brush along us127 this morning... Guess I should keep my eyes on the road huh? At least i wasnt talking on my cell phone!!...LOL Can I get a vote for lunch in the woods or at the wooden nickel.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
Jacob, I would say as far as lunch goes it depends on how many people we are going to have.  If we only have a few of us I would say the Nickel but if we get a good size group I would think lunch in the woods would be better.  But I am up for either one.  I do agree with you we need to figure it out so we can plan on what everybody is going to bring if we eat in the woods.  I guess we will see who else posts and what they think.  Talk to you soon...Tim

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
We will make a final decision on lunch plans on wednesday the 14th. So far we have fellows from stanton,hastings,holland,greenville,dansville,clarkston,mason,and williamston that have expressed interest. I am going to the Michigan longbow association banquet tomorrow and will touch base with others. If this works out .. maybe we can make it an annual deal...
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
Hey Jason I will be shooting a combination of Ramin, Cedar, Chundo.

Lunch in the woods, sounds like a fire and pot of chilli coming up  :campfire:
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
I'll bring all the condiments like, plates, bowls, sporks, cups, instant coffee, sugar, creamer, 2 gallons of water,I'll bring a two litre of Dew and coke also. I cant cook anything except eggs and steaks.

I put this toghether from both of last years bunny hunts.

:bigsmyl:      :campfire:
TGMM

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
I am going to see what I can do. I would love to make it. I will keep you all informed.

Kevin.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »
Jason, That looks like a great time you are going to make this a very long week looking forward to this.  The kids at the end of the slide show are awsome.  

Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
I called a buddy of mine today and he said he might be game so maybe two comming from stanton but me for sure.
I was gettin the dog warmed up today and getting some shootin in, Couple of short vids of the day. We ran one rabbit and If I would have stayed put in my spot I would have had a 5 yrd shot. I watched him go by me at about 20 yrds. Theres few shots at 20 yards where I hunt them I usually hope for a ten or under and then I still miss'em.  :knothead:    :thumbsup:  Maybe this weekened will be different.

TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2007, 02:22:00 AM »
jason... thanks for the awesome pics... i sent you an email..
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
TTT

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »
I smell a wabit....huhuhuhuhhuhhu!

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »

Me and rose got out right before dark and worked one pile. A bunny jumped but no shot.Rosie was on it for about 40 yards to its hole.Guess it didn't want to play
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »
went out stomping yesterday morning.... saw two..no shots   Went to and joined michigan longbow association banquet. Wonderful people. Met Steve Turrey of Northern mist longbows. Great guy. Sounds as if 2 from Bath, mi and 2 from Williamston Mi. will be coming. Assuming, we will be eating in the woods, we'll have to start putting together a menu. I have a ton of venison and have no problem handling the chili...
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »
Holy Cow!!! This should be a great turnout for hunters. I'm praying that there is:  1.no snow,I plow it. 2.My wife had the day off. Other than that I'm ready!

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
I was at my Parents house this weekend (in Mt. Morris just north of Flint) and I was talking to my dad about the hunt and he said he is in as well.  So it sounds like we are rounding up quite the crew.  That is great.  My dad and I spent 3 hours at the archery range on Saturday with my nephew.  I just bought my nephew a Crow Creek longbow for Chirstmas/Birthday and he wanted to go shoot it.  Well it sounds like things are starting to get put together and lunch in the woods sounds fantastic.  Talk to you guys all soon.....Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©